Re: [delmarvastargazers] Town of Townsend Astronomy Outreach Night Friday December 10th at7pm

  • Chuck Jennings
    Message 1 of 2 , Dec 11, 2010
      OK....the weatherman disappointed me ;-).  The sky never did clear in the evening per the forecast, so the event was called.  Crossing fingers for better weather next time.  See you all at the holiday party.

      - Chuck

      From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@...>
      Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Date: Thu, 9 Dec 2010 16:28:22 -0500
      To: <4girlscdjv@...>; <chaundra.loesch@...>; Dawn McDowell<vernmcd@...>; <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>; Gene Turner<et423@...>; John Bowers<jcsb3@...>; Jr., James D. Taylor<james.taylor@...>; <jtaylor@...>; Knights<dmccall@...>; larry_windley@...<larry_windley@...>; <lnathan@...>; <mstafford@...>; Volcano Coach<irish_eyes_de@...>; Warner Sarah<sarah.warner@...>
      ReplyTo: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Town of Townsend Astronomy Outreach Night Friday December 10th at 7pm [1 Attachment]

      Townsend Astronomy Outreach Night at the Park

      Stars and Hot Chocolate!

      • Date: Friday, December 10, 2010
        Time: 7:00 pm
        Place: Townsend Municipal Park, TVI

        Stars and Hot Chocolate! In partnership with the Delmarva Stargazers, the Town of Townsend Astronomy Outreach program is an initiative of the Energy and Environment Committee Chair Councilwoman Karen Jennings. Councilwoman Jennings is dedicated to increasing public awareness and interest in astronomy and providing opportunities for people to participate in activities that will foster a greater understanding of our universe. Come observe our Moon, Jupiter and its Galilean moons, globular clusters, planetary nebula and other galaxies through 8” and 16” Dobsonian telescopes.

        This is a wonderful opportunity for you and your family to learn about the constellations and enjoy the autumn night sky. This event if free to the public and is weather permitting. A “cloud” date has been scheduled for December 11, 2010, same time and location.

        Hope to see you all there – dress warm!

      "When a child hearkens to the beat of a different drum ~ perhaps he is keeping time to songs of Angels that we, his lessers, simply cannot hear. ~Kelly Long-Kirkpatrick"