Re: [delmarvastargazers] Pictures from the 2010 no frills star party

  • David Short
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7, 2010
      Larry,

      Great Pictures!!  Hope to see you at another party where I can catch up with the techie details of your setup.

      Dave Short

      On Sun, Nov 7, 2010 at 6:20 PM, larryl <k3fit@...> wrote:

      Hi,

      Here is a link to some of the images that I took at the star party:

      http://gallery.me.com/lmleitch#100331&bgcolor=black&view=grid

      These are a 'work in progress', as all images are. ;-)

      Larry Leitch

    • larryl
      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 8, 2010
        Everyone,

        Thank you for the compliments!

        Tech details are:
        Mount: Takahashi EM-200 Temma2
        Main scope: Takahashi Epsilion 180 ED
        Main camera: Starlight Xpress M25-C, 6 meg pixel, one shot color
        Guide scope: MiniBorg 50
        Guide camera: Starlight Xpress Lodestar

        The image scale works out to be 3.2 arc-seconds per pixel.

        The sub-exposure duration ranged from 3 to 5 minutes and I got up to ~30 subs per image.

        Processing was with CCD Stack and Adobe Photoshop CS3.

        The Takahashi mount is wonderful. With only polar alignment, the tracking error is only a fraction of a pixel.

        It was wonderful to have three good nights of observing!

        Larry Leitch