Re: [delmarvastargazers] Pictures from the 2010 no frills star party

  • Calixto Estrada
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 7 5:20 PM
      Awesome Larry.

      What camera are you using?

      Cal Estrada

      From: larryl <k3fit@...>
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Sent: Sun, November 7, 2010 6:20:31 PM
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Pictures from the 2010 no frills star party

      Hi,

      Here is a link to some of the images that I took at the star party:

      http://gallery.me.com/lmleitch#100331&bgcolor=black&view=grid

      These are a 'work in progress', as all images are. ;-)

      Larry Leitch

    • David Short

        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 8 9:23 AM
          Everyone,

          Thank you for the compliments!

          Tech details are:
          Mount: Takahashi EM-200 Temma2
          Main scope: Takahashi Epsilion 180 ED
          Main camera: Starlight Xpress M25-C, 6 meg pixel, one shot color
          Guide scope: MiniBorg 50
          Guide camera: Starlight Xpress Lodestar

          The image scale works out to be 3.2 arc-seconds per pixel.

          The sub-exposure duration ranged from 3 to 5 minutes and I got up to ~30 subs per image.

          Processing was with CCD Stack and Adobe Photoshop CS3.

          The Takahashi mount is wonderful. With only polar alignment, the tracking error is only a fraction of a pixel.

          It was wonderful to have three good nights of observing!

          Larry Leitch