Outreach Jefferson School

  • truittjs
    Message 1 of 5 , Sep 28, 2010

      I have been contacted by The Jefferson School in Georgetown Delaware about doing an outreach for up to 100 people, students, family and possible some of the general public from the area. They are located on a 40 acre campus Northeast of Georgetown. I see nothing around them but Old McDonald so dark skies shouldn't be a problem.

      They are also interested in viewing the sun and asked if that would be possible?

      They were originally interested in November 18 but I suggested we go with November 11 instead which is a little before first quarter.

      They have some other activities they are planning around this event, moon rocks and meteorite collection are two I know of but they really want the students to be able to look through a telescope.

      Once I give the go they will be publicizing this in the news giving us top billing.

      Please let me know if you can help.

      Thanks Jerry

    • Calixto Estrada
      Message 2 of 5 , Sep 28, 2010
        Hi Jerry

        I might be able to help.  Need to see what is on the work calender for the following day.

        Cal

        Message 3 of 5 , Sep 28, 2010
          The Jefferson school calendar says they're closed on the 11th of November.

          I can get there though.

          On 2010-09-28 5:25 PM, truittjs wrote:

          > I have been contacted by The Jefferson School in Georgetown Delaware
          > about doing an outreach for up to 100 people, students, family and
          > possible some of the general public from the area. They are located on a
          > 40 acre campus Northeast of Georgetown. I see nothing around them but
          > Old McDonald so dark skies shouldn't be a problem.
          >
          > They are also interested in viewing the sun and asked if that would be
          > possible?
          >
          > They were originally interested in November 18 but I suggested we go
          > with November 11 instead which is a little before first quarter.
          >
          > They have some other activities they are planning around this event,
          > moon rocks and meteorite collection are two I know of but they really
          > want the students to be able to look through a telescope.
          >
          > Once I give the go they will be publicizing this in the news giving us
          > top billing.
          >
          > Please let me know if you can help.
          >
          > Thanks Jerry

        • Woody
          Message 4 of 5 , Sep 29, 2010
            Count me in, Joe

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "truittjs" <Truittjs@...> wrote:

            > I have been contacted by The Jefferson School in Georgetown Delaware
            > about doing an outreach for up to 100 people, students, family and
            > possible some of the general public from the area. They are located on a
            > 40 acre campus Northeast of Georgetown. I see nothing around them but
            > Old McDonald so dark skies shouldn't be a problem.
            >
            > They are also interested in viewing the sun and asked if that would be
            > possible?
            >
            > They were originally interested in November 18 but I suggested we go
            > with November 11 instead which is a little before first quarter.
            >
            > They have some other activities they are planning around this event,
            > moon rocks and meteorite collection are two I know of but they really
            > want the students to be able to look through a telescope.
            >
            > Once I give the go they will be publicizing this in the news giving us
            > top billing.
            >
            > Please let me know if you can help.
            >
            > Thanks Jerry

          • truittjs
            Message 5 of 5 , Sep 30, 2010
              Turns out Michael was right, they are closed on the 11th. I rescheduled the event for Tuesday the 9th with a rain date of the 16th. Hope you all can still join me.

              Jerry