Saturday 8/7/10

  • Chuck Jennings
    Message 1 of 27 , Aug 3, 2010
      I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

      - Chuck.

    • David Short
      Message 2 of 27 , Aug 3, 2010
        Yes

        Dave Short

        On Tue, Aug 3, 2010 at 10:16 AM, Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...> wrote:

        I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

        - Chuck.

      • Douglas Norton
        Message 3 of 27 , Aug 3, 2010
          I'll be there.

          Doug Norton
          dnorton618@...
          http://www.douglasnorton.com

          Message 4 of 27 , Aug 4, 2010
            Is anyone going to Tuckahoe? Someone has contacted me asking if anyone
            will be out there on the weekend.

            I will be out on Beagle Club road four miles from my house (Viola, DE)
            in the Norman G. Wilder Wildlife Area weather permitting.

            Douglas Norton wrote:

            > I'll be there.
            >
            > Doug Norton
            > dnorton618@...
            > http://www.douglasnorton.com
          • Milligan, Tim
            Message 5 of 27 , Aug 4, 2010
              If the weather holds out, I will be going to Blackbird with the rest of the 'Gazers. I will not be going to TSP this time.

              Tim

              Tim Milligan
              Product Manager
              ABE, Archive Manager, Epoch Web Server, Task Initiator
              Integral Systems , Inc
              443-539-5169
              milligan@...

              Douglas Norton wrote:

              > I'll be there.
              >
              > Doug Norton
              > dnorton618@...
              > http://www.douglasnorton.com

            • Jim
              Message 6 of 27 , Aug 5, 2010
                If the weather holds I may want to head out to TSP on Friday or Saturday. I can call the ranger station if I decide to head out to the ball field.

                Jim

              • dnorton618@yahoo.com
                Message 7 of 27 , Aug 5, 2010
                  For anyone deciding to go to Blackbird on Saturday, the field is small so try to park in a way that will allow the maximum amount of people to park and have room for scopes and equipment.

                  There are a couple of large sinkholes on the field so be careful not to get a wheel stuck in one of them.

                  Hope to see a lot of folks there and let's hope for clear weather.

                  Doug N

                  From: Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...>
                  Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                  Date: Tue, 3 Aug 2010 07:16:02 -0700 (PDT)
                  To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                  ReplyTo: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                  I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

                  - Chuck.

                • Patrick Robinson
                  Message 8 of 27 , Aug 5, 2010
                    Chuck,
                                  if the cookout is still on, I can bring the plasticware, water,and a side.

                                     Patrick

                    I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

                    - Chuck.

                  • Karen Jennings
                    Message 9 of 27 , Aug 5, 2010
                      It's on Patrick! : )

                      "When a child hearkens to the beat of a different drum ~ perhaps he is keeping time to songs of Angels that we, his lessers, simply cannot hear. ~Kelly Long-Kirkpatrick"

                      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                      From: probinson65@...
                      Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                      Chuck,
                                    if the cookout is still on, I can bring the plasticware, water,and a side.

                                       Patrick

                      I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

                      - Chuck.

                    • Majd Al-GHatrif
                      Message 10 of 27 , Aug 5, 2010

                        Hey all,

                        We are  NEWCOMERs :). I wonder if my wife and me and can attend the party!. If yes!!, can you give us more details.  I have been in touch with Jim regarding stargazing at TSP on Sat. Are you stargazing there?

                        Thanks,

                        Majd and Rasha.

                        To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                        From: karen-jennings@...
                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400

                        To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                        From: probinson65@ verizon.net
                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                        Chuck,
                                      if the cookout is still on, I can bring the plasticware, water,and a side.

                                         Patrick

                        I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

                        - Chuck.

                      • Ralph
                        Message 11 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                          sounds like real estate at Black Bird may be at a premium. Is anyone going to Tuckahoe Friday or Saturday or has the regular monthly stargaze shifted to Black Bird?
                          Ralph D

                        • chuckjennings33@yahoo.com
                          Message 12 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                            Ralph,
                            I'll let the officers speak on behalf of the club regarding formal monthly events, but for me blackbird is a dark site much closer to home which is why it's been my site of choice. I suspect location may be the reason for others as well. Karen and I usually bring our 2 young boys with us and its much easier being only 7 miles from the house in the event they need to be taken home. That said, there should be plenty of room to squeeze you in on saturday, and I say the more the merrier. I'll be loading up the grill and I'm hoping that Don will bring the club's solar scope for some day time entertainment. The last few times we've done this have been a blast. Hope you can make it!

                            -Chuck

                            Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                            From: "Ralph" <ralphiej@...>
                            Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                            Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:20:26 -0000
                            To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                            ReplyTo: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                            Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Saturday 8/7/10

                            sounds like real estate at Black Bird may be at a premium. Is anyone going to Tuckahoe Friday or Saturday or has the regular monthly stargaze shifted to Black Bird?
                            Ralph D

                            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, dnorton618@... wrote:

                            > For anyone deciding to go to Blackbird on Saturday, the field is small so try to park in a way that will allow the maximum amount of people to park and have room for scopes and equipment.
                            >
                            > There are a couple of large sinkholes on the field so be careful not to get a wheel stuck in one of them.
                            >
                            > Hope to see a lot of folks there and let's hope for clear weather.
                            >
                            > Doug N

                          • Douglas Norton
                            Message 13 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                              Blackbird is not as big as the Equestrian Center or Ballfield at Tuckahoe for sure. However, if folks park responsibly then there should be no issues. I believe Blackbird is the field of choice lately because of its location. Close for most observers. For those of us that live in the northern parts of Delaware, Tuckahoe is a long haul. It's a great site with dark skies.

                              I'll be at Blackbird tonight most likely. Although, I may go to my friend's farm. How many people are considering Blackbird tonight?

                              Doug Norton
                              dnorton618@...
                              http://www.douglasnorton.com

                              From: "Ralph" <ralphiej@aol. com>
                              Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                              Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:20:26 -0000
                              To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>

                            • chuckjennings33@yahoo.com
                              Message 14 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                Fellow Gazers,
                                Tomorrow is fast approaching and since the weather is looking like it will cooperate, it's time for the rush planning to begin. I've called the ranger and he is going to try to get the lot cut today. What I need now is a headcount of those who will be attending so we can plan who will bring what for the afternoon BBQ. OK, who's in and what can you bring??

                                -Chuck

                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@...>
                                Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400
                                To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>

                                To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                From: probinson65@ verizon.net
                                Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                Message 15 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                  I'm in for blackbird tonight.

                                  Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                  From: Douglas Norton <dnorton618@...>
                                  Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                  Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 06:01:44 -0700 (PDT)
                                  To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>

                                  dnorton618@yahoo. com
                                  http://www.douglasn orton.com

                                  From: "Ralph" <ralphiej@aol. com>
                                  Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                  Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 11:20:26 -0000
                                  To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>
                                  ReplyTo: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com

                                  sounds like real estate at Black Bird may be at a premium. Is anyone going to Tuckahoe Friday or Saturday or has the regular monthly stargaze shifted to Black Bird?
                                  Ralph D

                                  --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, dnorton618@. .. wrote:

                                  > For anyone deciding to go to Blackbird on Saturday, the field is small so try to park in a way that will allow the maximum amount of people to park and have room for scopes and equipment.
                                  >
                                  > There are a couple of large sinkholes on the field so be careful not to get a wheel stuck in one of them.
                                  >
                                  > Hope to see a lot of folks there and let's hope for clear weather.
                                  >
                                  > Doug N

                                • Ralph
                                  Message 16 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                    Chuck/Doug
                                    makes perfect sense. Blackbird is closer for me as well coming from Wilmington and I really enjoyed the gathering there last month.
                                    Are either of you planning on being there tonight or are we talking just about tomorrow Saturday the 7th?
                                    RalphD

                                  • chuckjennings33@yahoo.com
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                      I'll be there both days. But tomorrow is the 'main event' where I'm hoping we get the biggest turnout, bbq, etc.

                                      Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                      From: "Ralph" <ralphiej@...>
                                      Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                      Date: Fri, 06 Aug 2010 14:34:31 -0000
                                      To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>

                                        From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@hotmail.com>
                                        Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400
                                        To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>

                                        To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                        From: probinson65@verizon.net
                                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                        Message 19 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                          I will be there both nights, tonight and Saturday. I will try to bring something other than my appetite.

                                          Doug Norton
                                          dnorton618@...
                                          http://www.douglasnorton.com

                                          From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@hotmail.com>
                                          Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                          Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400
                                          To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>

                                          To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                          From: probinson65@verizon.net
                                          Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                          Message 20 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                            It looks like most of you guys are going to Blackbird. Any body going to TSP?

                                            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Douglas Norton <dnorton618@...> wrote:

                                            > I will be there both nights, tonight and Saturday. I will try to bring something
                                            > other than my appetite.
                                            >
                                            >  Doug Norton
                                            > dnorton618@...
                                            > http://www.douglasnorton.com
                                            >

                                            > ________________________________

                                          • Patrick Robinson
                                            Message 21 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                              I can bring snacks, water, soda, and a side. do we have a time?

                                                                Patrick

                                              From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@hotmail.com>
                                              Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                              Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400
                                              To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>

                                              To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                              From: probinson65@verizon.net
                                              Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                              Message 22 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                                I was thinking 5ish, but open to suggestions.

                                                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                                                From: Patrick Robinson <probinson65@...>
                                                Sender: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                                Date: Fri, 6 Aug 2010 10:54:51 -0700 (PDT)
                                                To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>

                                                From: Karen Jennings <karen-jennings@hotmail.com>
                                                Sender: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                                Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400
                                                To: <delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com>

                                                To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                                From: probinson65@verizon.net
                                                Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                                Message 23 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                                  Assuming the weather holds and it is still on, I'm planning on attending the main event tomorrow. Probably can't get there before 5:30 or 6:00 though. I'll bring a watermellon and some chips. I have a small table I can bring as well.

                                                    From: karen-jennings@hotmail.com
                                                    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400

                                                    To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                                    From: probinson65@ verizon.net
                                                    Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                                    Message 25 of 27 , Aug 6, 2010
                                                      Thanks Don for your email. We would love to join you, however, Blackbird is a little far from us (We live in Towson). Jim might go to TSP tomorrow and we might join him. I already have the address for Blackbird. I will let you know if we are heading to Blackbird and will discus what should bering with us for the BBQ.
                                                      Thanks again for your response and looking forward to meet you all.

                                                      Majd

                                                      From: karen-jennings@hotmail.com
                                                      Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400

                                                      To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                                      From: probinson65@ verizon.net
                                                      Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                                    • de_miles@comcast.net

                                                        From: karen-jennings@hotmail.com
                                                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 22:36:58 -0400

                                                        To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                                        From: probinson65@...
                                                        Date: Thu, 5 Aug 2010 19:28:11 -0700

                                                        Chuck,
                                                                      if the cookout is still on, I can bring the plasticware, water,and a side.

                                                                         Patrick

                                                        I know it may be a little early, but the extended forecast is predicting excellent weather for this saturday.  I'm thinking we're due for a "Stargazer" BBQ/mini star party like we had back in May and I wanted to get the word out early so we can all plan accordingly.  Anyone interested?

                                                        - Chuck.

                                                      • Bob Bunge
                                                        Message 27 of 27 , Aug 7, 2010
                                                          If I go tonight, I will be to the ballfield.

                                                          Bob