Blame Congress and the President

  • Rocky
    Message 1 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
      Do not blame our country blame the President and Congress.

      I am sorry but I take offense to what Don said about the veterans getting their benefits. They are the reason we have our freedom and ahd free speech. I for one think they earned what little they receive.

      Why not get on the congress - they get full benefits ( FULL PAY AND HEALTH CARE TILL THEY DIE) when they are elected. They pay nothing into it - they pay no social security or medicare so they do not need to worry about it. They cost the government a lot more than the veterans.

      They get a pay raise every year without approval from anyone. Those on Social Security and Veterans are voted on raises by those in congress. Guess what they do not care about them; just themselves.
      Just do not blame the veterans for the cost of the war blame those who are "Responsible" which is the President and Congress. They handle the funds so you know they will always get their cut.

      Rocky
      Message 2 of 2 , Jan 31, 2010
        Bro Rocky...I meant absolutely no offense to our veterans...without veterans we would not have a USA.  Vets deserve every benefit available; they deserve the best tools we can provide to carry out their mission.

        I was trying to point out that we have blown several trillion dollars, now and in the future, on an unnecessary war...and that does not include 4500-5000 dead and another 50,000 wounded.  That is the waste...we expended our resources in IRAQ and will never, ever have anything worth while to show for the sacrifice of our military.  And the same will be true in Afghanistan...there is no military solution in Afghanistan just as there was no military solution in Iraq.

        Personally, I would rather spend our trillions on infrastructure here in the good old USA...alternative energy, mass transportation, better education, universal health care for every citizen from conception to death.   We are simply wasting our resources trying to combat a few terrorists with full blown military force.   The fight against terrorism can be handled in a less public effort, ie, covert fashion.

        Don...