meeting tuesday night

    Message 1 of 11 , Nov 1, 2009
      Yes! yes, it is time for our November 2009 meeting at Mallard Lodge,
      7:00PM.

      This month we will:

      1) review the astro-related happenings of the last month
      2) update the coming attractions of November
      3) have a presentation by Tony Mullen on star magnitudes
      4) review November's constellation - Cetus the Sea Monster
      5) review what everyone should know about binoculars
      6 and Dr. Harry Shipman, UD, will tell us about DARC and the Whole
      Earth Telescope project; see the link for more information on DARC.

      http://www.physics.udel.edu/darc/index.html

      For info, Dr Shipman is professor of astronomy and physics at UDel.

      Let's all come out and enjoy the camaraderie of amateur astronomers.

      See you at Mallard Lodge.

      Don...
    • PatrickK
      Message 2 of 11 , Nov 1, 2009
        Thanks for the update; its on the calendar and I'm trying REAL HARD to make this.

        Pat Kelly in nearby Centrevile

        Message 3 of 11 , Nov 2, 2009
          I hope all Star Gazers can make the meeting and bring at least one friend.

          Don...

          On Nov 1, 2009, at 3:11 PM, PatrickK wrote:

          Thanks for the update; its on the calendar and I'm trying REAL HARD to make this.

          Pat Kelly in nearby Centrevile

          --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Don Surles <don.surles@ ...> wrote:

          > Yes! yes, it is time for our November 2009 meeting at Mallard Lodge,
          > 7:00PM.
          >
          > This month we will:
          >
          > 1) review the astro-related happenings of the last month
          > 2) update the coming attractions of November
          > 3) have a presentation by Tony Mullen on star magnitudes
          > 4) review November's constellation - Cetus the Sea Monster
          > 5) review what everyone should know about binoculars
          > 6 and Dr. Harry Shipman, UD, will tell us about DARC and the Whole
          > Earth Telescope project; see the link for more information on DARC.
          >
          > http://www.physics. udel.edu/ darc/index. html
          >
          > For info, Dr Shipman is professor of astronomy and physics at UDel.
          >
          > Let's all come out and enjoy the camaraderie of amateur astronomers.
          >
          > See you at Mallard Lodge.
          >
          > Don...

        • truittjs
          Message 4 of 11 , Nov 2, 2009
            For those of you who may not know Dr. Shipman, he is a great speaker and someone who is happy to talk to amateur astronomers. He regularly attends DAS meetings and is a great supporter of our hobby.

            You'll miss a great opportunity to listen to an expert in his field and learn about real astronomy being done in our area if you don't make this meeting.

            DARC by the way is The Delaware Asteroseismology Research Center who's mission is to promote and facilitate the study of stellar seismology.

            Jerry

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

            > I hope all Star Gazers can make the meeting and bring at least one
            > friend.
            >
            > Don...
            >

            > On Nov 1, 2009, at 3:11 PM, PatrickK wrote:
            >
            > > Thanks for the update; its on the calendar and I'm trying REAL HARD
            > > to make this.
            > >
            > > Pat Kelly in nearby Centrevile
            > >
            > > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles
            > > <don.surles@> wrote:
            > > >
            > > > Yes! yes, it is time for our November 2009 meeting at Mallard Lodge,
            > > > 7:00PM.
            > > >
            > > > This month we will:
            > > >
            > > > 1) review the astro-related happenings of the last month
            > > > 2) update the coming attractions of November
            > > > 3) have a presentation by Tony Mullen on star magnitudes
            > > > 4) review November's constellation - Cetus the Sea Monster
            > > > 5) review what everyone should know about binoculars
            > > > 6 and Dr. Harry Shipman, UD, will tell us about DARC and the Whole
            > > > Earth Telescope project; see the link for more information on DARC.
            > > >
            > > > http://www.physics.udel.edu/darc/index.html
            > > >
            > > > For info, Dr Shipman is professor of astronomy and physics at UDel.
            > > >
            > > > Let's all come out and enjoy the camaraderie of amateur astronomers.
            > > >
            > > > See you at Mallard Lodge.
            > > >
            > > > Don...

          • Chuck Jennings
            Message 5 of 11 , Nov 2, 2009
              Can someone confirm the meeting date?  The website states Tuesday Nov 2nd.  I'm assuming  it's tomorrow, but want to be sure I didn't miss it tonight.
              Thanks,

              Chuck

            • mborgia@comcast.net
              Message 6 of 11 , Nov 2, 2009
                Its always Tuesday. November 3.

                Sent via BlackBerry by AT&T

                From: Chuck Jennings <chuckjennings33@...>
                Date: Mon, 2 Nov 2009 18:02:08 -0800 (PST)
                To: <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                Subject: Re: [delmarvastargazers] Re: meeting tuesday night

                Message 7 of 11 , Nov 3, 2009
                  here is a link to Life magazine's greatest space photos...you might
                  find it interesting...

                  http://www.life.com/image/50692492/in-gallery/30222/21-greatest-space-photos

                  Don...
                • Jones Lyle A. (DNREC)
                  Message 8 of 11 , Nov 4, 2009

                    Michael Lecuyer  Are you good for today at the Library?

                    Message 9 of 11 , Nov 4, 2009
                      'zactly what time should i be at the library?

                      Don...

                      Message 10 of 11 , Nov 4, 2009
                        Yes

                        Message 11 of 11 , Nov 4, 2009