Kent at No-Frills

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 15 , Sep 11 5:39 AM
      If all goes as planned I'll be at No-Frills, so put on the dogs. I'll have my bicycle and donuts. Oh yea, I'll bring the 25" as well.

      Kent Blackwell
    • Pat
      Message 2 of 15 , Sep 11 5:54 AM
        After catching some great, mind boggling shows on WHYYHD this week (Channel 258 Comcast locally.  I think it's 400 years of the telescope), I have more of a fever to be in awe by viewing through a telescope.  Although I've been slack in presenting myself to be able to share in the group's knowledge (so much of it goes "over my head"), I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing me to share in some viewing whenever it's convenient.  I really have nothing to offer except my abillty to be amazed & appreciative.  Well, maybe I could bring some coffee &/or offer a light to the cigars.

        Pat Hall

        If all goes as planned I'll be at No-Frills, so put on the dogs. I'll have my bicycle and donuts. Oh yea, I'll bring the 25" as well.

        Kent Blackwell

      • D Antonson
        Message 3 of 15 , Sep 11 6:14 AM
          Good morning, everyone.

          Pardon if I missed something - what is the date/time & location for the No Frills event?

          Thx, Daniel

          Message 4 of 15 , Sep 11 7:26 AM

            If you go to our web site www.delmarvastargazers.org you will find a link to the registration and full information about the event.

            It is Sept. 17-20 at Tuckahoe State Park's Equestrian Center. Full directions are on the web site. That's Thursday to Sunday.

            We are going GREEN, no disposable cans, cups or other garbage will be collected by us. Bring your own cup for drinks and coffee. We will still have coffee for free but you will need to bring a cup for it.

            Each person is responsible for their own garbage, same as all state parks.

            Jerry

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, D Antonson <antonsond@...> wrote:

            > Good morning, everyone.
            >
            > Pardon if I missed something - what is the date/time & location for the No Frills event?
            >
            > Thx, Daniel
            >

            > ________________________________

          • kentblackwell
            Message 5 of 15 , Sep 11 9:26 AM
              Pat, I'll dizzle you with views through the 25" but if you light up a cigar I'll roll the scope back in the trailer!

              Kent Blackwell

              Message 6 of 15 , Sep 11 10:03 AM
                Mother Nature is venting all precip this weekend...we have winds gusting > 40MPH and lots of rain...yesterday, last nite, today, tonight...

                Next week will be GREAT!

                See you all there.  Corn on the cob, hot dogs, a good cigar, your favorite beverage, good friends...and STARS!

                Come early, come hungry, eat well, have fun and stay late.

                Don...

                Message 7 of 15 , Sep 11 10:03 AM
                  Pat, you will be welcome at every scope on the field.  You can even take my 25 for a spin - find something I haven't seen and I will buy you a cup of coffee.

                  Don...

                  Message 8 of 15 , Sep 11 10:03 AM
                    the time is Sept 17 thru the 20 at Tuckahoe Equestrian Center...

                    here is the link to the details...

                    please call me - 302-653-9445 if you have questions.

                    Don...

                    Message 9 of 15 , Sep 11 10:10 AM
                      Now Kent, there will be a section for the cigar smokers.  I received  shipment of very good cigars yesterday...just to keep the mosquitoes away from the eyepiece and out of my favorite beverage.

                      BTW...'zactly what happens when a person is "dizzled"?

                      Is it better to be the dizzler or the dizzlee?

                      Do we dizzle before or after a hotdog?

                      Don...

                      On Sep 11, 2009, at 12:26 PM, kentblackwell wrote:

                      Pat, I'll dizzle you with views through the 25" but if you light up a cigar I'll roll the scope back in the trailer!

                      Kent Blackwell

                      --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Pat <blkdgwags@. ..> wrote:

                      > After catching some great, mind boggling shows on WHYYHD this week (Channel 258 Comcast locally.  I think it's 400 years of the telescope), I have more of a fever to be in awe by viewing through a telescope.  Although I've been slack in presenting myself to be able to share in the group's knowledge (so much of it goes "over my head"), I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing me to share in some viewing whenever it's convenient.  I really have nothing to offer except my abillty to be amazed & appreciative.  Well, maybe I could bring some coffee &/or offer a light to the cigars.
                      >
                      > Pat Hall

                    • Pat
                      Message 10 of 15 , Sep 11 10:32 AM
                        Don & Kent,

                        Thanks so much for the offers.  If it's more proper, I can come out when you're not having the party since I'm not a member.  I don't want to take advantage or ruffle feathers.  I do want to be dizzled though (I think).

                        However, I am certainly willing to make a contribution to the club or event since it's such a great, welcoming group if I am permitted to stop by.

                        Pat(ricia)

                        p.s. non cigar smoker but welcome the second hand smoke if it prevents bugs

                        Now Kent, there will be a section for the cigar smokers.  I received  shipment of very good cigars yesterday... just to keep the mosquitoes away from the eyepiece and out of my favorite beverage.

                        BTW...'zactly what happens when a person is "dizzled"?

                        Is it better to be the dizzler or the dizzlee?

                        Do we dizzle before or after a hotdog?

                        Don...

                        On Sep 11, 2009, at 12:26 PM, kentblackwell wrote:

                        Pat, I'll dizzle you with views through the 25" but if you light up a cigar I'll roll the scope back in the trailer!

                        Kent Blackwell

                        --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Pat <blkdgwags@. ..> wrote:

                        > After catching some great, mind boggling shows on WHYYHD this week (Channel 258 Comcast locally.  I think it's 400 years of the telescope), I have more of a fever to be in awe by viewing through a telescope.  Although I've been slack in presenting myself to be able to share in the group's knowledge (so much of it goes "over my head"), I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing me to share in some viewing whenever it's convenient.  I really have nothing to offer except my abillty to be amazed & appreciative.  Well, maybe I could bring some coffee &/or offer a light to the cigars.
                        >
                        > Pat Hall

                      • William Ellis
                        Message 11 of 15 , Sep 11 1:15 PM
                          Don

                          Guess since Joe and I only smoke "Cheap Cigars" and don't have "Big Ladders", we'll be banished into our Little Hollar and have to cook our own Hot Dogs!

                          Bill

                          Message 12 of 15 , Sep 11 6:54 PM
                            Bill, I will stop by you old farts' setup just to make sure you haven't fallen and can't get up.

                            See you there.

                            Don...

                            On Sep 11, 2009, at 4:15 PM, William Ellis wrote:

                            Don

                            Guess since Joe and I only smoke "Cheap Cigars" and don't have "Big Ladders", we'll be banished into our Little Hollar and have to cook our own Hot Dogs!

                            Bill

                            Now Kent, there will be a section for the cigar smokers.  I received  shipment of very good cigars yesterday... just to keep the mosquitoes away from the eyepiece and out of my favorite beverage.

                            BTW...'zactly what happens when a person is "dizzled"?

                            Is it better to be the dizzler or the dizzlee?

                            Do we dizzle before or after a hotdog?

                            Don...

                            On Sep 11, 2009, at 12:26 PM, kentblackwell wrote:

                            Pat, I'll dizzle you with views through the 25" but if you light up a cigar I'll roll the scope back in the trailer!

                            Kent Blackwell

                            --- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, Pat <blkdgwags@. ..> wrote:

                            > After catching some great, mind boggling shows on WHYYHD this week (Channel 258 Comcast locally.  I think it's 400 years of the telescope), I have more of a fever to be in awe by viewing through a telescope.  Although I've been slack in presenting myself to be able to share in the group's knowledge (so much of it goes "over my head"), I'm wondering if anyone would be interested in allowing me to share in some viewing whenever it's convenient.  I really have nothing to offer except my abillty to be amazed & appreciative.  Well, maybe I could bring some coffee &/or offer a light to the cigars.
                            >
                            > Pat Hall

                          • woody314z
                            Message 13 of 15 , Sep 12 6:23 AM
                              Bring your own cigar, unless you want a cheap, flavored one.

                              --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles <don.surles@...> wrote:

                              > Bill, I will stop by you old farts' setup just to make sure you
                              > haven't fallen and can't get up.
                              >
                              > See you there.
                              >
                              > Don...
                              >

                              > On Sep 11, 2009, at 4:15 PM, William Ellis wrote:
                              >

                              > > Don
                              > >
                              > > Guess since Joe and I only smoke "Cheap Cigars" and don't have "Big
                              > > Ladders", we'll be banished into our Little Hollar and have to cook
                              > > our own Hot Dogs!
                              > >
                              > > Bill

                            • truittjs
                              Message 14 of 15 , Sep 13 12:11 PM
                                Hey! Wait a minute, I'm a loyal down in the "Little Hollar" member too and I happen to enjoy a good cigar.

                                I'll be making the Thursday night dish, so come hungry and skip making your own dogs that night.

                                Jerry

                                --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, William Ellis <wcbabybee@...> wrote:

                                > Don
                                >
                                > Guess since Joe and I only smoke "Cheap Cigars" and don't have "Big Ladders", we'll be banished into our Little Hollar and have to cook our own Hot Dogs!
                                >
                                > Bill

                              • Paul Riley
                                Message 15 of 15 , Sep 14 6:52 AM
                                  Traditionally 'Moondark'  decorates page 8 of our newsletter.  Moondark is currently on hiatus.  What I would like to do is decorate that page with astro photos taken by club members

                                  Photos and brief descriptions can be mailed to dmsg_pjr@...

                                  Comments in general can also be sent to  dmsg_pjr@...