Re: Observing...

  • truittjs
    Message 1 of 14 , Aug 24, 2009

      Daniel

      If you have paid your $15 and are a member of the club we observe at Tuckahoe State Park's ball field during the summer months. The rangers at the park request that observing be restricted to club members, which also leaves us accountable for conditions after we leave.

      Anyone who is a club member is welcome to join us at the ball field. If you're not a member but would like to join, check out our web page at www.delmarvastargazers.org to get a membership form and find out about the many other activities we're engaged in on the Delmarva Peninsula.

      If you are new to the Yahoo Group you'll also want to join it. Membership to the club is not required but you will need to set up an account with yahoo first.

      Thanks Jerry

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, D Antonson <antonsond@...> wrote:

      > Doug,
      >
      > Specific location for those of us (like me) who are new here...
      >
      > Thx, Daniel
      >

      > ________________________________

    • Paul Riley
      Message 2 of 14 , Aug 24, 2009
        The latest issue of the Star Gazer News is available for download.

        Members can download here :

        Non-members can also follow the link to see what the Delmarva Stargazers are all 'bout.

        Comments?

        Pj

        Look up!, you'll be amazed !
        (the above statement is a personal comment, and reflexs the opinion of management )

        Message 3 of 14 , Dec 10, 2009
          Folks, the weatherman is probably wrong by 180 degrees but he is calling for clear skies tonight and tomorrow night.

          the moon was just a thin sliver this morning at 6:00 am so it should be no problemo for a few hours tonight

          So, I will go to Blackbird tonight...be there around 6:30-7:00 PM.

          any takers?

          please email if you will be there.

          Don...

          Message 4 of 14 , Dec 10, 2009
            I just went outside to run some errands...the wind is whipping and is forecast to continue whipping for a day or so.

            I retract my decision to go to Blackbird tonight because I would have to tie an anchor to my scope since there is only one old barbed wire fence twixt Blackbird and the Arctic to temper the winds.

            If I go out tonight it will be in my backyard where i am protected from the gale force winds.

            Don...