Late call for May meeting presentations

  • Tim Milligan
    Message 1 of 12 , May 4, 2009
      Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?

      Tim
    • Jerry Truitt
      Message 2 of 12 , May 4, 2009

        I still have my updated presentation on Vision ready to roll?

        I also did a constellation for the month in anticipation we would need it.

        Jerry

        --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Milligan" <milligan@...> wrote:

        > Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?
        >
        > Tim

      • Milligan, Tim
        Message 3 of 12 , May 4, 2009

          Great,  Thanks Jerry

          I still have my updated presentation on Vision ready to roll?

          I also did a constellation for the month in anticipation we would need it.

          Jerry

          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Milligan" <milligan@...> wrote:

          > Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?
          >
          > Tim

        • don surles
          Message 4 of 12 , May 4, 2009
            this is May...our election of 2009-2010 officers is in June...it is
            time to talk about next year's selection of officers...Lyle, please
            explain the selection process.

            All, we need some volunteers to make our club grow next year.

            Don...

            On May 4, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Tim Milligan wrote:

            > Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?
            >
            > Tim

            Don Surles
          • don surles
            Message 5 of 12 , May 4, 2009
              i would like to talk a bit about our star party and how to improve
              No-Frills. 10-15 minutes...
              On May 4, 2009, at 2:45 PM, Jerry Truitt wrote:

              > I still have my updated presentation on Vision ready to roll?
              >
              > I also did a constellation for the month in anticipation we would need
              > it.
              >
              > Jerry
              >

              > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Tim Milligan"
              > <milligan@...> wrote:
              > >
              > > Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?
              > >
              > > Tim

              Don Surles
            • Paul Riley
              Message 6 of 12 , May 4, 2009
                Don,
                Is that 10-15 minutes of Smyrna time or regular time?
                Pj

                i would like to talk a bit about our star party and how to improve
                No-Frills.  10-15 minutes...

              • Jones Lyle A. (DNREC)
                Message 7 of 12 , May 5, 2009

                  Has our meeting date been change  to Thursday. One email said May 7. Lyle

                  Message 8 of 12 , May 5, 2009
                    there is a misprint in the newsletter that says our meeting is May
                    7...our regular monthly meeting is tonight, May 5th at Mallard Lodge -
                    7:00PM.

                    please disregard the date in the newsletter.

                    Don...

                    On May 4, 2009, at 8:15 AM, Tim Milligan wrote:

                    > Sorry gang, Any takers for meeting presentations?
                    >
                    > Tim

                    Don Surles
                  • Paul Riley
                    Message 9 of 12 , May 5, 2009
                      Lyle, I was using your calendar from a few years ago.....
                      Pj

                      Has our meeting date been change  to Thursday. One email said May 7. Lyle

                      Message 10 of 12 , May 5, 2009
                        it seems M81 & M82 are connected per the article at the site below:

                        http://www.universetoday.com/2009/01/30/in-depth-observing-m81-and-m82/

                        Don...
                      • don surles
                        Message 11 of 12 , May 5, 2009
                          and it seems M51 and NGC 5195 are interacting:

                          http://www.nightskyinfo.com/archive/whirlpool_galaxy/

                          "Don't overlook M51's companion, NGC 5195, which apparently Messier did
                          when he observed M51 in 1773. Conspicuous in the small telescope, this
                          satellite system gives the appearance of being attached to the north
                          spiral arm of M51. This bridge between the two galaxies is actually an
                          optical illusion - a spiral arm of M51 is superimposed on NGC 5195 with
                          NGC 5195 actually lying on the far side of M51 (by perhaps 1/2 million
                          light years), although the two galaxies have had one or more close
                          encounters in the past."

                          Don...
                        • Jerry Truitt
                          Message 12 of 12 , May 5, 2009
                            More from NASA

                            The textbook spiral structure is thought be the result of an interaction
                            M51 is experiencing with its close galactic neighbor, NGC 5195. Some
                            simulations suggest M51's sharp spiral shape was partially caused when
                            NGC 5195 passed through its main disk about 500 million years ago. This
                            gravitational tug of war may also have triggered an increased level of
                            star formation in M51. The companion galaxy's pull would be inducing
                            extra starbirth by compressing gas, jump-starting the process by which
                            stars form.

                            Jerry

                            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, don surles <don.surles@...>