Newsletter

  • Joe Morris
    Message 1 of 19 , Apr 2, 2009
      I just had to express my complements to all who contributed to our April
      newsletter. Tim's statement as to the good feelings that come from outreach
      programs was great and our club does an excellent job in that category.

      Don's description of our annual Mirror Making was inspiring. Are there any
      other clubs putting on such a fine ATM event? I don't know of any.

      I couldn't determine who was responsible for the informative articles on the
      Naval Observatory, Alvin Clark, or Matthew Maury but didn't they all fit
      together and give a great history lesson? I suspect our fine editor, Pj
      Riley, had something to do all this.

      I thought Doug Miller's Moondark was one of his best ever.

      I happened to be at an astronomy community in Arizona when I received the
      newsletter and I was very proud to share it with everyone there.

      See you all at Star Gaze XV. Has it really been 15 years?

      Joe Morris
    • kentblackwell
      Message 2 of 19 , Apr 3, 2009
        Kudoos to you all for the fine newsletter. I feel bad for my lack of contributions lately.

        Doug Miller; I got trillions of laughs from the wit in your article. It was the stimulus we all needed.

        Kent Blackwell

        --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "J

        oe Morris" <joemorris@...> wrote:

        > I just had to express my complements to all who contributed to our April
        > newsletter. Tim's statement as to the good feelings that come from outreach
        > programs was great and our club does an excellent job in that category.
        >
        > Don's description of our annual Mirror Making was inspiring. Are there any
        > other clubs putting on such a fine ATM event? I don't know of any.
        >
        > I couldn't determine who was responsible for the informative articles on the
        > Naval Observatory, Alvin Clark, or Matthew Maury but didn't they all fit
        > together and give a great history lesson? I suspect our fine editor, Pj
        > Riley, had something to do all this.
        >
        > I thought Doug Miller's Moondark was one of his best ever.
        >
        > I happened to be at an astronomy community in Arizona when I received the
        > newsletter and I was very proud to share it with everyone there.
        >
        > See you all at Star Gaze XV. Has it really been 15 years?
        >
        > Joe Morris

      • dmsg_pjr
        Message 3 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
          The latest issue of Star Gazer News is available for download.

          Members can access here :

          http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2010/may2010news.pdf

          Non-members can also download to see what the Gazers are all about.

          comments ?

          dmsg_pjr@...
          Message 4 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010
            PJ...thanks for another great newsletter...you know it would be nice to know how many newsletters have been published...should be around 17X12 = 204???

            twixt you and Doug Miller I bet you could determine the number for the next issue.

            is vol 16  #11 a key...is the number 203?

            Don...

            On Apr 27, 2010, at 7:43 PM, dmsg_pjr wrote:

            The latest issue of Star Gazer News is available for download.

            Members can access here :

            http://www.delmarva stargazers. org/newsletter/ news2010/ may2010news. pdf

            Non-members can also download to see what the Gazers are all about.

            comments ?

            dmsg_pjr@yahoo. com

          • CALIXTO ESTRADO
            Message 5 of 19 , Apr 27, 2010

              Outstanding, thanks again.

              Cal

              Message 6 of 19 , Dec 28, 2010
                I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                Cannot download it

                Rocky
              • Paul Riley
                Message 7 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                  I had no problem last night, but this mornin' at work, it was a mess....
                  I'll upload it again when I get home at lunch time.......

                  Sorry for the inconvenience..
                  Pj

                  Message 8 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                    The newsletter has been reloaded:
                    Try again...
                    I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine

                    comments?

                    Pj

                    I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                    Cannot download it

                    Rocky

                  • Dave

                      I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"

                      Cannot download it

                      Rocky

                    • Michael Lecuyer
                      Message 10 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                        I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                        sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                        Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                        web page).

                        Previous issues work well.

                        Message 11 of 19 , Dec 29, 2010
                          my download was perfect...around noon.

                          Don...

                          On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                          I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                          sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                          Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                          web page).

                          Previous issues work well.

                          On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                          > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                          > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                          >
                          > Regards, Dave
                          >
                          > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                          > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                          >
                          >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                          >> Try again...
                          >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                          >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                          >> comments?
                          >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                          >> Pj
                          >>
                          >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                          >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                          >>

                          >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                          >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                          >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                          >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                          >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                          >>
                          >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                          >>
                          >> Cannot download it
                          >>
                          >> Rocky

                        • Paul Riley
                          Message 12 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010
                            The 2nd copy of the newsletter was uploaded ~noon yesterday.  It downloaded for me fine.
                            If anyone has problems after noon yesterday, pls let me know...

                            Pj

                            On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                            I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                            sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                            Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                            web page).

                            Previous issues work well.

                            On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                            > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                            > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                            >
                            > Regards, Dave
                            >
                            > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                            > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                            >
                            >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                            >> Try again...
                            >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                            >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                            >> comments?
                            >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                            >> Pj
                            >>
                            >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                            >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                            >>

                            >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                            >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                            >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                            >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                            >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                            >>
                            >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                            >>
                            >> Cannot download it
                            >>
                            >> Rocky

                          • Karen Jennings
                            Message 13 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010
                              Thank you PJ, looking forward to reading it!

                              "When a child hearkens to the beat of a different drum ~ perhaps he is keeping time to songs of Angels that we, his lessers, simply cannot hear. ~Kelly Long-Kirkpatrick"

                              To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                              From: dmsg_pjr@...
                              Date: Thu, 30 Dec 2010 04:08:35 -0800

                              The 2nd copy of the newsletter was uploaded ~noon yesterday.  It downloaded for me fine.
                              If anyone has problems after noon yesterday, pls let me know...

                              Pj

                              On Dec 29, 2010, at 2:17 PM, Michael Lecuyer wrote:

                              I get trailers, one title, the bottom part of what looks like a clear
                              sky clock, the 'Looking for a skymap?' link and no other content with
                              Foxit Reader from the link in the Yahoo group (which is the same as the
                              web page).

                              Previous issues work well.

                              On 12/29/2010 12:36 PM, Dave wrote:
                              > Thanks PJ. I downloaded my copy at 11am without problems. Sounds like
                              > Murphy the great stargazer (read Don's eclipse report) is still with us.
                              >
                              > Regards, Dave
                              >
                              > On Dec 29, 2010, at 12:24 PM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...
                              > <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>> wrote:
                              >
                              >> The newsletter has been reloaded:
                              >> Try again...
                              >> I downloaded the 2nd copy and it worked fine
                              >> <http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf>http://www.delmarvastargazers.org/newsletter/news2011/jan2011news.pdf
                              >> comments?
                              >> <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>dmsg_pjr@... <mailto:dmsg_pjr@...>
                              >> Pj
                              >>
                              >> --- On *Tue, 12/28/10, Rocky /<c7caribou@...
                              >> <mailto:c7caribou@...>>/* wrote:
                              >>

                              >> From: Rocky <c7caribou@... <mailto:c7caribou@...>>
                              >> Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Newsletter
                              >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                              >> <mailto:delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                              >> Date: Tuesday, December 28, 2010, 8:05 PM
                              >>
                              >> I get the message that the "File is bad not able to download"
                              >>
                              >> Cannot download it
                              >>
                              >> Rocky

                            • Michael Lecuyer
                              Message 14 of 19 , Dec 30, 2010