Re: [delmarvastargazers] this weekend and Comet Lulin

  • suburbangy@aol.com
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
      I was out in my back yard last night working on learning my astrophoto gear. It was so cold the mousepad on my laptop would not function. It was a nice night for viewing.

      Bill Hartung

      I have contacted Tuckahoe State Park and received their OK for us to observe til we drop or freeze or get struck by the Comet or falling satellite collision debris this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Equestrian Center.

      Stay tuned for weather forecasts and other pertinent information.

      Don..

      I have contacted Tuckahoe State Park and received their OK for us to observe til we drop or freeze or get struck by the Comet or falling satellite collision debris this Thursday, Friday, and Saturday at the Equestrian Center.

      Stay tuned for weather forecasts and other pertinent information.

      transfers of data to third parties.

      Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese Korean

      http://www.DuPont. com/corp/ email_disclaimer .html
    • Bob Bunge
      Message 2 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
        I moisten the tip of my finger when this happens... least least it works
        with a 1996 era Gateway laptop :-) I don't know if it is the moisture
        or the heat that causes it to start to work again.

        Bob

        Message 3 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
          hard drives and LCD screens must have become much more robust in recent years.  Extreme cold is not good for either and both were once prone to crashes when the temps dipped below 35-40F.

          if'n i was going to use my computer in cold weather i think i would use some styrofoam to make an insulated container for it.

          comments are welcome...i may be all wet here but it just doesn't make sense to me to expose a hard drive to extreme cold temps.

          Don...

          Bob Bunge <bbunge@...>
          Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

          02/17/2009 10:50 AM

          Please respond to
          delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

          delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
          cc
          Subject

          Don.R.Surles-1@...>

          Message 4 of 5 , Feb 17, 2009
            I will have to try that. Thanks .
            My older IBM has the pencil tip type mouse, and I have no cold problems with it at all.