Meeting tonight

  • Paul Riley
    Message 1 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
      Don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE !

      (Actually, only vote once!)

      After voting, why don't you head to Mallard Lodge tonight and meet other Star Gazers that voted...!

      7PM EST

      Message 2 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008

        Tim Milligan...please email the combination for the lock to me...my version is not current...just in case you find a pretty lady in distress and re-prioritize your priorities.

        my email address is

                don.r.surles-1@...

        thx...don...

        Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...>
        Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        11/04/2008 07:00 AM

        Please respond to
        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [delmarvastargazers] Meeting tonight

        Don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE !

        (Actually, only vote once!)

        After voting, why don't you head to Mallard Lodge tonight and meet other Star Gazers that voted...!

        7PM EST

        transfers of data to third parties.

      • Douglas Hemmick
        Message 3 of 5 , Nov 4, 2008
          For whom do you want us to vote?

          Just kidding!

          On Tue, Nov 4, 2008 at 7:00 AM, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...> wrote:

          Don't forget to VOTE, VOTE, VOTE !

          (Actually, only vote once!)

          After voting, why don't you head to Mallard Lodge tonight and meet other Star Gazers that voted...!

          7PM EST

          "By deepening our understanding of the true nature of physical reality, we profoundly reconfigure our sense of ourselves and our experience of the universe."
          - physicist Brian Greene

          "Sometimes the way a message unfolds its meaning is the most important meaning it offers."
          - Brooks Landon

          "Why should a sequence of words be anything but a pleasure?"
          - saying attributed to Gertrude Stein
        • Michael Lecuyer
          Message 4 of 5 , Nov 5, 2008
            The first detected GRB event ever detected on the sun was picked up by
            the Fermi Gamma-Ray Space Telescope (formerly known as the Gamma-ray
            Large Area Space Telescope (GLAST)) today.

            Here's the announcement message:

            Fermi
            DATE: 08/11/04 16:34:49 GMT
            FROM: Chryssa Kouveliotou at MSFC

            C. Kouveliotou (NASA/MSFC) and M.S. Briggs (UAHuntsville) report on
            behalf of the Fermi GBM Team:

            At 20:14:42.77 UT on 02 November 2008, the Fermi GBM triggered and
            located a very soft and bright event (trigger 247349683 / 081102844).
            The event location was RA = 217.6 deg, dec = -15.7 deg (+/- 1.1 deg), in
            excellent agreement with the Sun location. The time of the event
            coincides with the solar activity reported in the GOES solar reports
            (event 9790: onset at 2012 UT, max at 2015 UT, end at 2017, B5.7 flare).
            This is the first GBM detection of a solar flare; future detections will
            not be reported in a GCN Circular, unless they exhibit special
            characteristics.

            The GBM light curve shows a multiple peak event lasting approximately
            177 s (8-30 keV). The time-averaged spectrum from T0-13.824 s to
            T0+163.33 s is best fit by a single power law model with index -6.55 +/-
            0.03 (chi squared 255 for 120 d.o.f.). The event fluence (8-30 keV) in
            this time interval is (1.54 +/- 0.03) E-4 erg/cm^2.

            The spectral analysis results presented above are preliminary.