I wonder

  • Paul Riley
    Message 1 of 6 , Oct 24, 2008
      Of late, our 'outdoor activities' schedule has been a wash (no pun intended).
      Have the Heavens above turned agin us?
      What (Who) do we offer in sacrifice?
      Should we schedule an event "in secret" so the Mother Nature dosen't find out until it's too late??
      Perhaps we need to paint the storage trailers and telescope in 'Camo'...

      Pj

    • Michael Lecuyer
      Message 2 of 6 , Oct 24, 2008
        You're not alone in wondering this. All the star parties I've attended
        over the last year (and one I would have attended if our star party
        didn't overlap) have been clouded or rained out.

        The Fall'n Stars (Sept 2007)
        The last Star Gaze
        The Almost Heaven Star Party (WV) also had three large thunderstorms in
        one night
        Our recent No Frills
        The conflicting Stella Della in PA
        The rescheduled No Frills

        I say stop scheduling and just announce the star party when the right
        weekend weather clears. Sneak up on the weather, so to speak.

        Paul Riley wrote:

        > Of late, our 'outdoor activities' schedule has been a wash (no pun
        > intended).
        > Have the Heavens above turned agin us?
        > What (Who) do we offer in sacrifice?
        > Should we schedule an event "in secret" so the Mother Nature dosen't
        > find out until it's too late??
        > Perhaps we need to paint the storage trailers and telescope in 'Camo'...
        >
        > Pj
      • Paul Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
          The November issue of the Star Gazer News is available for download.

          Members may download at:

          Non-members may also download a copy to see what the Delmarva StarGazers are all about.

          comments?:  dmsg_pjr@...

        • kentblackwell
          Message 4 of 6 , Oct 27, 2008
            Do you know the dates yet for the sping party?

            Kent Blackwell

            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don R Surles <Don.R.Surles-
            1@...> wrote:

            > Fellow Star Gazers and No Frills Guests:
            >
            > Due to an un-accomodating weather forecast for Friday night thru
            Sunday
            > morning we have decided to CANCEL the No Frills Makeup Party
            scheduled for
            > October 24-25, 2008.
            >
            > The Equestrian Center is not available for the weekend of Oct 31-
            Nov 2;
            > that is the reason for the "Cancel" vs "Postpone".
            >
            > We regret having to cancel but as you know rainy star parties,
            especially
            > in late October, can be miserable events.
            >
            > Let's preserve the "urge to observe" and try again in the spring.
            >
            > BTW, we are planning to expand the activities for the spring star
            party.
            > So, if you have improvement suggestions please send them to my
            email
            > address:
            >
            > don.surles@...
            >
            > or
            >
            > don.r.surles-1@...
            >
            > Thanks for understanding and have a nice & dry weekend.
            >
            > Don...
            >
            > This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains
            > information that may be Privileged, confidential or copyrighted
            under
            > applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are
            hereby
            > formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-
            mail,
            > in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the
            sender by
            > return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless
            explicitly
            > and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail
            does
            > not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an
            acceptance
            > of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to
            the
            > use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes
            or for
            > transfers of data to third parties.
            >
            > Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese Chinese
            Korean