Re: [delmarvastargazers] Re: star gazer news

  • Rocky Nelson
    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
      Hi all,
      Just one thing to consider with the magazine would be to publish it every other month instead of monthly. This is just an idea it would also take the monthly deadline pressure off PJ.
       Rocky

      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 30, 2008
        Truittjs@... wrote:
        > I like Paul's two tier system. I think that is a fair way
        > and if it's too much money for someone, you can always opt
        > to not get the paper.

        A two tiered membership is a good way to force the loss of the paper
        version. It would serve the same purpose as a poll tax.

        Currently our financial situation is excellent. There is no financial
        nor other benefit to this reduction of member services. I recall a
        meeting not so long ago where Don Surles said the club "has too much
        money." Don's right!

        Cutting this expense means more money in the bank not serving the
        membership. Even with this expense the club's finances are well in the
        black.

        The cost of the printer and the newsletter was accurately presented to
        the membership by PJ. It passed with a clear yes vote. Why are we
        pretending the costs are too much now? The figures were accepted as
        reasonable at the time of the vote.
      • Bob Bunge
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
          I called the T-hoe ranger to let them know the irregulars might be out
          there tonight. They said someone else had also called.

          Figure to be there about sunset, perhaps a bit before.

          Bob
        • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 31, 2008
            I'll be there, I plan to be there 7:30-8