Tennessee sunspots

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 1 , Jul 3, 2008
      I'm in Oak Ridge, TN and thought I'd check to see if there are more
      sunspots visible from here as opposed to Virgnia Beach. Nope, not a one!

      I'll be visiting the Roane State College Observatory Saturday night,
      and giving a solar eclipse talk. The Oak Ridge club is an amazingingly
      aggressive and strong group, considering the size of the city of Oak
      Ridge. Oak Ridge has quite a history in nuclear energy, as you probably
      no doubt know. This little valley town is filled with more scientists
      and PhD than you can shake a stick at.

      The observatory houses a 5" very old acromat refractor and has a wing
      off the observatory with a very nice classroom and kitchen. It's all
      housed atop a hill near Harriman, TN.

      Kent Blackwell