Re: [delmarvastargazers] Digest Number 1864

  • Art Bianconi
    Message 1 of 1 , Sep 13, 2007
      I was fortunate to be able to look at the Veil at Stellafane on a scope equipped with a prototype Ethos. Blew my mind!

      The problem I had was two-fold:

      1. I'd not ever seen the Veil before so I had no prior experience of it to compare it to

      2. the scope was a Dob equipped witha 32 inch mirror so I could not distinguish between what was caused by the mirror and what was the result of that wide field eye piece.

      I managed to get a chuckle from those on line waiting their turn when I quipped: "I keep looking down expecting to see my shoes at the bottom of the image field!"

      I can't immagine anyone with anything less than a 10" mirror buying one of them.

      Art

      2. Has anyone else ordered a Tele Vue Ethos eyepiece?

      I hope to have it by the Friday of the no-frills Starparty woo woo, I Hope that Brian Reed comes through with my Roundtable equitorial platform for my 10 inch f 5 Dob also new equipment I hope it does not curse us.