Astroguide final version

  • Carol Beigel
    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 6 3:19 PM
      I know nothing is ever final, but hopefully this
      version of my astroguide is more polished now than when
      it made its debut yesterday. It now has page numbers
      on the first 16 pages. Every chart and graphic clearly
      indicates its source. I attempted to correct the
      punctuation, and rewrote a few sentences. You can also
      download just the charts separately.

      Anyone may link to it. It is freely distributed in PDF
      format. I figure it costs me $6.50 to print out a copy
      on my HP LaserColorJet 1600 printer using both sides of
      the paper, and another $3.15 to take it to Staples to
      have it spiral bound with plastic covers. If folks
      like it well enough to distribute in print form, it all
      right with me to recoup your costs.

      I figure all the information contained in the guide is
      in the public domain and freely available in many
      forms. The same information is also contained in
      printed material for sale, but in not the exact same
      form. It is not my intention to make any money from
      this project, but to make a contribution to public
      outreach. I will be pleased if others find it useful.

      You may find "A Simple Guide to Backyard Astronomy
      Using Binoculars or a Small Telescope" at
      http://carolrpt.com/astroguide.htm

      Carol Beigel
      Greenbelt, Maryland
    • Bill Moore
      Message 2 of 3 , Sep 3, 2007
        I noticed M40 was missing on the indicated sheet (5) but would display nicely on sheet 15
        Bill

        Carol Beigel <thecarolb@...> wrote:
[...]

        Visit the Yahoo! Auto Green Center.

      • Carol Beigel
        Message 3 of 3 , Sep 4, 2007
          I will look into this!  I am no expert on doing these things, and was very unscientific about which objects I could squeeze onto the maps.  Thanks for pointing this out.

          Carol
[...]

          Checked by AVG Free Edition.