internet hoax r.e. Mars

  • Douglas Hemmick
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 1, 2007
      People:

      I notice there is an internet email going around wherein people
      are claiming that on August 27, Mars will have the same apparent
      diameter as the full moon.

      I believe those people don't know how to figure angular size: I calculate
      that Mars will be just about 5 thousanths of one degree at that time, which
      is 100 times smaller than the full moon...

      Thought you'd like to hear about this...

      Doug

      Andre Gide
    • PJ Riley
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 2, 2007
        Doug,
        This keeps popping up every year since Mars was it's closest to Earth in '03...always be wary of facts stated on the web...
        Pj