Re: RE: [delmarvastargazers] Picnic

    Message 1 of 27 , Jul 15, 2007
      for those who did not attend the pick-a nick...here are some pics of the T-
      hoe turkey...I saw her and her little ones just as we left the Park...she was
      in the edge of the cornfield across from the Park enrance.

      http://www.flickr.com/tools/uploader_edit.gne?
      ids=821218538,820342769,820338483,821209300

      Don...

      >From: PJ Riley <pjr127@...>
      >Date: 2007/07/15 Sun AM 06:05:59 CDT
      >To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      >Subject: RE: [delmarvastargazers] Picnic

      >We had a wonderful picnic yesterday. Weather was
      >nice, plenty of food. Everyone had a great time !
      >
      >Pj

      >Moody friends. Drama queens. Your life? Nope! - their life, your story. Play
      Sims Stories at Yahoo! Games.

      Message 2 of 27 , Jul 15, 2007
        sorry 'bout that link...it was a bit premature...this one should work...

        http://www.flickr.com/photos/77683595@N00/

        don...

      • vnickerson101505@comcast.net
        Message 3 of 27 , Jun 6 2:04 PM
          Looks like I won't make the picnic this year. Gas is over 4.00 now, & with my gas guzzler , 79 miles each way seems too far to go for a hamburger-even tho I'd like to see all you guys. Maybe you can have a hot dog for me. I'll see you one of these days.
          Message 4 of 27 , Jun 7 3:55 AM

            Now, now, Vaughn...I know gas is expensive...but you cannot take the few dollars it will cost to attend the picnic with you...there are no atm's or  gas pumps in our coffins.

            We look forward to seeing you and all Star Gazers at the picnic.

            We must not allow oil prices to take away our pleasures.

            Don...

            <vnickerson101505@...>
            Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

            06/06/2008 05:08 PM

            Please respond to
            delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

            <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
            cc
            Subject
            [delmarvastargazers] Picnic

            Looks like I won't make the picnic this year. Gas is over 4.00 now, & with my gas guzzler , 79 miles each way seems too far to go for a hamburger-even tho I'd like to see all you guys. Maybe you can have a hot dog for me. I'll see you one of these days.

            transfers of data to third parties.

          • Paul Riley
            Message 5 of 27 , Jun 9 6:25 AM
              I'm starting to assemble the next issue, which is pretty bleak right now.  If y'all got sumtin fer da nezsletter, pls send to :

            • kentblackwell
              Message 6 of 27 , Jun 10 12:46 PM
                I have a short, 350 word article I could submit. Would you like same?

                Kent Blackwell

                --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Paul Riley <dmsg_pjr@...>
                wrote:

                > I'm starting to assemble the next issue, which is pretty bleak right
                now.  If y'all got sumtin fer da nezsletter, pls send to :
                > dmsg_pjr@...

              • Paul Riley
                Message 7 of 27 , Jun 12 3:25 AM
                  Please!, send it in.......

                  wrote:

                  > I'm starting to assemble the next issue, which is pretty bleak right
                  now.&nbsp; If y'all got sumtin fer da nezsletter, pls send to :
                  > dmsg_pjr@...

                • William Ellis
                  Message 8 of 27 , Jun 9 5:32 AM
                    Maureen and I were thinking about coming down for the picnic , but that was before we saw PJ's note about coming in his Speedos!!
                  • D Antonson
                    Message 9 of 27 , Jun 9 6:02 AM
                      LoL

                      Message 10 of 27 , Jun 9 7:30 AM
                        I think PJ should have a bikini wax job before he dons speedos...otherwise one of those Elkton marksmen might mistake him for a sasquatch and put him in amongst the crosshairs - and they won't be the hairs removed by the bikini wax..

                        Don...

                        On Jun 9, 2011, at 9:02 AM, D Antonson wrote:

                        LoL

                        Message 11 of 27 , Jun 10 10:54 AM
                          The Club is taking the summer off (meetings only).  However, observing and the newsletter will continue for the summer - at least until the vampire mosquitoes suck up all our blood.

                          If you have ANYTHING to contribute to YOUR newsletter, please start prepping it and send to :

                          Pj

                        • truittjs
                          Message 12 of 27 , Jun 11 4:47 PM
                            Don't let the speedos scare you. Come on down. We have plenty of room for campers too if you want to spend the weekend.

                            Jerry

                            Message 13 of 27 , Jul 13, 2012
                              Picnic

                              Patty and I will have potato salad for the picnic. Is there anything else needed to
                              complete this mission? Sounds like we need lots of pictures to fill the news
                              letter?

                              Jerry
                            • Paul Riley
                              Message 14 of 27 , Jun 26 3:51 PM

                                Can someone remind me of date and time for the picnic ?

                                This email was sent especially for you from Pj

                              • Comcast
                                Message 15 of 27 , Jun 26 4:52 PM
                                  July 11 @1pm@ don's

                                  Sent from my iPhone

                                  Message 16 of 27 , Jun 27 5:47 PM
                                    The July / August issue of Star Gazers News is available for download.

                                    Members  can download here:

                                    Non-members can also download  to see what the Star Gazers are all about.

                                    Also, effective with this issue,  publication will be every other month.
                                    Comments ?

                                    Pj

                                  • Richard Spencer
                                    Message 17 of 27 , Jul 4, 2015
                                      Hello All,

                                      I had the mirror of my 10" Orion Dob re-coated and am finding it problematic, to say the least, to put the mirror cell back in the optical tube.  Fitting the cell onto the tube end is hard enough, and then aligning the screw holes exactly is just not happening.  After the cell is on the the tube, I can't rotate it even slightly so that initial perfect alignment is required.

                                      Has anyone succeeded in doing this?  If so, how?

                                      Thanks,
                                      Rick Spencer
                                      Elkton, MD
                                    • Michael Lecuyer
                                      Message 18 of 27 , Jul 4, 2015
                                        On 7/4/2015 18:33 PM, Richard Spencer rgspencer@...
                                        [delmarvastargazers] wrote:

                                        > Hello All,
                                        >
                                        > I had the mirror of my 10" Orion Dob re-coated and am finding it
                                        > problematic, to say the least, to put the mirror cell back in the
                                        > optical tube. Fitting the cell onto the tube end is hard enough, and
                                        > then aligning the screw holes exactly is just not happening. After the
                                        > cell is on the the tube, I can't rotate it even slightly so that initial
                                        > perfect alignment is required.

                                        Apparently it's a common problem says Google. As difficult to get out as
                                        get back in.

                                        There are some suggestions on Cloudy Nights:

                                        http://www.cloudynights.com/topic/486442-removing-orion-xt8-primary-mirror-okay-for-beginners/

                                        The XT8 problems sound similar to the 10's problems.

                                        Richard Roseweir's suggestions are the most comprehensive.

                                        > Has anyone succeeded in doing this? If so, how?
                                        >
                                        > Thanks,
                                        > Rick Spencer
                                        > Elkton, MD

                                      • Michael Lecuyer
                                        Message 19 of 27 , Jul 4, 2015
                                          On Thursday, July 16th there will be an outreach in Selbyville in
                                          Delaware. Selbyville is south of Bethany Beach.

                                          The itinerary:
                                          Set up at 8:30PM

                                          9:00PM Get started with showing stars as they come out

                                          Start binocular viewing as soon as it gets dark
                                          (binoculars are new to me but probably a good hands on idea - I was
                                          surprised at how well many things showed up well)

                                          Start the telescopes up when dark enough.

                                          This is a clear night only event with a make up date of either Friday,
                                          July 17th or Tuesday, July 21st.

                                          I could use a couple of observers with me. Clearly this is a far south
                                          adventure and not a drive for everyone. Please contact me either here or
                                          through the website as the secretary email address for more information.

                                          Sorry PJ but I really like the Binocular Highlights book and tried out a
                                          number of things from it that worked out. Although I can't use
                                          binoculars I do have a 1/2 binocular won at another star party. They
                                          seem to go together now and I'd like see how this works at outreaches.
                                        • Richard Spencer
                                          Message 20 of 27 , Aug 29, 2015
                                            Thanks for the input--I did finally manage to get this going last weekend, and it's collimated and back in business.  Finesse didn't quite get it done, so I augmented that with a rubber mallet and I'm back up and running finally.  The newly coated mirror is beautiful, at least!
                                            Rick