rock & roll moon

    Message 1 of 1 , May 2, 2007

      check this out for a rocking and rolling moon...

              http://www.spaceweather.com/swpod2007/02may07/laveder_512.gif

      and here is the story that explains what you are seeing...

              http://www.spaceweather.com/

      enjoy!

      For those who were unfortunate and did not make the Star Gazer Meeting last nite...you missed a great meeting.

      The new projector worked very well after some out of the box adjustments, a generous sprinkling of pixie dust, and an incantation.

      Topics covered were:

               the June trip to Wallops Island (stay tuned for details by Jerry Truitt),
              great astronomical vacation opportunities,
              we viewed the sun in 3-D on the big screen...check out the STEREO spacecraft website....
                              http://stereo.gsfc.nasa.gov/
              reviewed the latest gadgets for amateur astronomers,
              and reviewed the latest images of Jupiter and it's moons taken by our new Horizons interplanetary probe
                      (new Horizons is on it's way to Pluto...this mankind's first probe to Pluto...and I still consider Pluto to be a planet).

      Enjoy the fine weather and the full moon.  'Cause heah come da bugs!

      transfers of data to third parties.