Re: Wednesday night?

  • marthagay
    Message 1 of 3 , May 15, 2002
      --- In delmarvastargazers@y..., Steven Long <selong@d...> wrote:

      > TWC hour-by-hour says clear after about 9; NWS/NOAA says clear;
      > Danko's Tuckahoe Sky Clock says clear, with seeing 1 step short
      > of excellent from about 10 pm to about 1 am.
      >
      > Anyone want to go to the ball field for a few hours tonight?
      >
      > Steve Long

      Carol (who had the green laser pointer Friday night) and I are hoping
      to come over. It's the best I've seen the sky clock for quite
      awhile. She was going to call the Ranger to say we were coming, but
      I don't know if she did.

      We probably won't stay much past 11, since I have to get up and go to
      work tomorrow and it's a bit of a hike for us. Moon and Venus should
      be quite lovely too.
    • cdmifa
      Message 2 of 3 , May 16, 2002
        Thanks to all you guys and ladies that went last night to Tuckahoe!!
        It was a very exciting.

        I am positive that the remark of the night was:
        "What is that thing next to M13?"
        Yes, it was the comet Ikeya-Zhang. I was a spectacular sight,
        particularly when Joe fit them in the same FOV with his Televue.

        The night was so clear that I could some details of the
        Sombrero Galaxy with my small 125mm Maktusov. I was able
        to resolve a few 11 and 12 Mag. stars in the same FOV.

        I hope to meet all of you again on June 7th.