Challenging double

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
      The moon is waxing and there's nothing to see. Well, almost nothing. If
      you want a challenge try splitting the beautiful star 36 Andromedae.

      Let me know if you split it, especially all those small refrator owners
      out there.

      36 And
      Multiple Star System
      RA: 00h54m58.1s, Dec: +23°37'42" (2000) in Andromeda
      Magnitude: 5.45 & 6.59
      Separation: 1.06"

      Kent Blackwell
    • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
      Message 2 of 2 , Nov 30, 2006
        It's a naked eye star...Just don't know which one. Any charts? I'll
        tackle it when I'm down at the hunting club in Dorchester this
        weekend. Moon is going to be a bright one, But the skies are darker
        then tuckahoe. I'll be after double stars and open clusters with the
        90mm(only if I can talk my dad into letting me bring it, If not...then
        I know I'll be able to bring the ETX)