Uh Oh...

  • strix@mindspring.com
    Message 1 of 1 , Mar 7, 2002
      This isn't going to turn into a WWF match is it?

      I don't like the music either and have heard complaints from other folks as well. But I don't control the web page so I never felt like it was my place to say anything about it. My only problem with it is this; our reputation in actions speaks louder than a little MIDI file.

      As a web surfer, it is annoying to go back to the homepage and have it playing every time. I don't like any web page that plays any kind of music without giving me an option of turning it off. Yes, it can be turned off or the volume on my speakers turned down but only manually and every single visit to the page. It's a lot like those new pop-up ads that come up every time you visit a web page. Yes they can be clicked and closed but it is quite annoying to do so every single time you visit that page. I don't like those types of things forced on me. And for folks with slow internet connections, it's a bandwidth issue as well.

      Doug Norton

      http://mail2web.com/ .