Re: [delmarvastargazers] Refractors for James...

  • Peter Jernakoff
    Message 1 of 5 , Feb 28, 2002
      Doug -

      >>I have a 4-inch Celestron C-102HD refractor mounted on top of a Celestron Super Polaris
      >>Dual-Axis German Equatorial mount. (I bought the mount separately many years ago). It is
      >>an excellent mount for that scope. It's also really great for astrophotography.

      What kind of astrophotography do you perform with your refractor? I'm thinking about venturing into
      the CCD imaging game with a Televue 102 mm apo, a Losmandy mount (probably the GM-8) and
      a Starlight Xpress MX7C camera. I should be able to make the meeting this Tuesday (as a guest
      thinking of joining your organization) and I wouldn't mind an opinion from you (and others within the
      club) as to the feasibility of my hypothetical imaging system.

      Regards,

      Peter Jernakoff
      Dupont White Pigments and Mineral Products
      302.999.3845
      302.999.2474 (Fax)
      302.573.1073 (Pager)
      Peter.Jernakoff@...