I'm baaaaaaaaack!

  • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
    Message 1 of 8 , May 1, 2006
      I'm tired as heck...3 all nighters in a row, mind if I pass out? zzzzz

      (to be continued)
    • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
      Message 2 of 8 , May 1, 2006
        Star Party was great! I brought my ETX-70, 14.5" truss, and 4.5"
        newtonian(and left with 4, 10" Coulter...spelling?) Skies were
        terrific, clear skies the whole time(tonight was the last night...I'm
        to tired...I'll just observe in my mag 4.5-5 skies). I observed alot
        of objects. The highlights of the nights was the Veil Nebula, Comet
        frags(B, C, and G), Cats Eye Nebula, NGC3877(favorite edge on, look it
        up and find it!! 11 mag, easy to find), NGC4565, M51(spirals were
        easy, beautiful), M81(barely made out the 2 spirals, very bright),
        Eskimo(nice bluish color), Omega Centari(just barely skimmed the
        horizon, WOW), and just so much more. Frost was horrible, the 14" was
        having trouble for a couple nights until I found a pack of Hot Hands
        and got a rubber band to stick it on the secondary. Worked really good
        too! Well I'm back and going to sleep for a while. Thanks for
        providing another great star party Delmarva Stargazers!!!!!
      • Bob Bunge
        Message 3 of 8 , May 1, 2006
          Certainly was an amazing weekend! It's amazingly rare to get such great
          conditions 2-3 nights in a row on a new moon weekend in the _spring_!!!!

          Three nights can knock the stuffing out even a teenager! :-)

          Besides some "slumming" of bright objects, managed to find and draw 15
          Arp galaxies, finishing off Leo and Ursla Major during the course of
          Friday and Saturday. While that might not sound like a lot (there have
          been times I've done 15 objects in single night), all of these galaxies
          were extremely faint and difficult to find. Since all I have left on my
          Arp list are spring time objects, these nights were certainly welcome!
          Now I just need another five or six just like them to finish off CVn,
          Coma and Bootes!

          I now realize while it took me 7 years to record my first three hundred
          Arp objects, it's likely to take another 7 years to get the last 20
          since they are the faintest of the bunch and require the best conditions.

          Omega is a nice find. Treasure that one away... write yourself a note
          so you will find it 30 years so you'll remember the great time you had.

          Bob

          Message 4 of 8 , May 1, 2006
            Nice Bob!

            Is anyone going to go ahead and stick a hotdog in the pot for Kent for
            No Frills?
          • Norton Douglas (DTI)
            Message 5 of 8 , May 1, 2006
              Re: [delmarvastargazers] Re: I'm baaaaaaaaack!

              What a bunch of wimps whining about being tired after three measley days! You better shape up. Clear days are coming this summer I predict.

              Douglas A. Norton
              Department of Technology & Information
              William Penn Data Center
              Phone: 302-739-9604
              Fax: 302-739-3925
              Email: Douglas.Norton@...

              Message 6 of 8 , May 2, 2006
                Cj,
                It's a shame that everyone left by Monday except for 8
                campsites. Monday night was a BLAST ! Now the moon
                was a little slow dropping outta sight, but we had 3
                previous nights to view that section of the sky.
                Monday night was the warmest (still had frost in the
                morning) lower dew levels.
                Pj

                P.S. An old Irish proverb "don't leave the game at the
                2 minute warning - or you may not know the final
                score!"

                --- "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)" <hotmid6@...>
                wrote:

                > I'm tired as heck...3 all nighters in a row, mind if
                > I pass out? zzzzz
                >

                > (to be continued)

                http://mail.yahoo.com
              • PJ Riley
                Message 7 of 8 , May 2, 2006
                  We had a few Dawgs left over from the past weekend,
                  and we are leavin' them on simmer so that they will be
                  ready for Kent at 'no frills'
                  Pj

                  --- "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)" <hotmid6@...>
                  wrote:

                  > Nice Bob!
                  >
                  > Is anyone going to go ahead and stick a hotdog in
                  > the pot for Kent for
                  > No Frills?

                  http://mail.yahoo.com
                • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
                  Message 8 of 8 , May 2, 2006
                    I was really weak and tired...I wouldn't of made it monday night.
                    Heck...I could barely pick up my scopes! So I just passed out for a
                    while...