Re: [delmarvastargazers] Moon & Pleides occultation pics

  • PJ Riley
    Message 1 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
      Don,
      On those pics, the moon is so over exposed, the
      'blooming' makes the sunlit area bigger, distorting
      the shape of the moon. As to your vivid memories,
      pencil and paper works best, just look at all those
      images of Mars sketched by Bob Bunge.
      Pj

      --- Don R Surles <Don.R.Surles-1@...>

      http://www.spaceweather.com/eclipses/gallery_01apr06.htm

      > Don...
      >
      > This communication is for use by the intended
      > recipient and contains
      > information that may be Privileged, confidential or
      > copyrighted under
      > applicable law. If you are not the intended
      > recipient, you are hereby
      > formally notified that any use, copying or
      > distribution of this e-mail,
      > in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please
      > notify the sender by
      > return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your
      > system. Unless explicitly
      > and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract
      > Intended", this e-mail does
      > not constitute a contract offer, a contract
      > amendment, or an acceptance
      > of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute
      > a consent to the
      > use of sender's contact information for direct
      > marketing purposes or for
      > transfers of data to third parties.
      >
      > Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues
      > Japanese Chinese Korean
      >

      > http://www.DuPont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • Steven Long
      Message 2 of 3 , Apr 3, 2006
        Don R Surles wrote:

        > I should have taken my film camera...or maybe we could scan the
        > images recorded in my mind. Would we use a flatbed scanner or a film
        > scanner for that?
        >
        > http://www.spaceweather.com/eclipses/gallery_01apr06.htm

        I dunno, Don -- will you be lying down or standing up?

        Steve