What I sent in for the entry

  • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
      Here's what I sent PJ for the entry, for those who hardly know
      me...this should tell you enough ;).

      I'm Charles Arthur Wood Jr., Mostly known as "C.J.". I'm the young
      space freak around the block. Been involved for over 2 years. I
      never looked up until my Science was teaching about it. I just
      really got interested after that. Soon after, I started researching
      and throwing telescope ads in my parent's faces. When christmas 2004
      came, My very first telescope came. Which is now my solar/travel
      scope, ETX-70. A few months after christmas, I heard about the
      Delmarva Stargazers when they came locally to the Greensboro
      Library. After that, I found out about the star parties at Tuckahoe.
      Soon after that, I attended my first star party in the spring.
      Seeing all the awesome scopes there and nice folks, I got really
      focused on the hobby. In Sep. 2005 I went to "No Frills" star party
      at Tuckahoe. Now that was awesome! Seeing Kent's monster, Bill's 10"
      meade, Chuck's nice dob, I had to get me a bigger scope! Which I
      did, I bought my 2nd scope! 4.5" Celestron "Firstscope" Newtonian.
      Which is now my "Don't feel like chugging the cannon out" scope. The
      first night I had it, I didn't have a telrad but it didn't stop me
      from star hopping. I did find M31, Double Cluster, Ring Nebula,
      Dumbell, Wild Duck Cluster, Coat Hanger, Owl Cluster, and many more!
      Couple months from No Frills I went back into aperture fever and
      started looking for a 12" or bigger scope. At the Christmas Party,
      Keith Lohmeyer came up to me and said "You have strong muscles?" I
      was thinking "What the heck is he saying?" so I said "I suppose..."
      and then he said "As long as you don't sell it, I would like to lend
      you out my 14" telescope as long it's alright with your parents". If
      there wasn't so many people there, I would of started dancing like a
      chunky monkey. I kept my cool and talked with my folks. After that,
      I picked up the 14" and now it sits puuurty in my bedroom.
      Magnification rocks! I love taking that big lug out every clear
      night, new moon or not! My favorite objects to look at is Jupiter
      for my favorite planet, M81 and M82 is awesome in the scope, M38
      looks great in the scope(not yet seen M13), Ring Nebula is my
      favorite planetary(still not yet bothered to look for the Eskimo
      yet, which I know that'll look nice), and Veil Nebula as my favorite
      nebula to look at. I love observing at my bud's house or tuckahoe.
      My house isn't bad, just that there's developements popping up that
      doesn't make me happy. Just to tell you guys about me, I'm not
      shy ;) I was just like that at the party because my parents were
      there...it's just weird when they're around. The Miss Deleware
      person didn't make it better...still gives me nightmares. I hate to
      be embarrassed(remember that crash at the party? Just a nearly
      broken toe and a 3rd degree like rug burn that left me a nice scar),
      but who doesn't? I'm a hardcore fisherman and hunter. I do enjoy
      playing golf here and there. I might talk your ear off...so it's
      best not to talk much unless you don't mind chatting!

      (if you want to see the pictures I attached then let me know)
    • kentblackwell
      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
        CJ, what a nice report. I had your entusiasm when I was your age. And
        you wanna know something? I still do!

        Kent Blackwell

        -- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
        <hotmid6@...> wrote:

> [...]
        favorite
        > nebula to look at. I love observing at my bud's house or tuckahoe.
        > My house isn't bad, just that there's developements popping up that
        > doesn't make me happy. Just to tell you guys about me, I'm not
        > shy ;) I was just like that at the party because my parents were
        > there...it's just weird when they're around. The Miss Deleware
        > person didn't make it better...still gives me nightmares. I hate to
        > be embarrassed(remember that crash at the party? Just a nearly
        > broken toe and a 3rd degree like rug burn that left me a nice
        scar),
        > but who doesn't? I'm a hardcore fisherman and hunter. I do enjoy
        > playing golf here and there. I might talk your ear off...so it's
        > best not to talk much unless you don't mind chatting!
        >
        > (if you want to see the pictures I attached then let me know)

      • PJ Riley
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
          Does anyone have a jpg file (or gif) of the club's
          logo that is high quality? The ones on the website
          aren't good enough for what I need....

          http://mail.yahoo.com
        • Stargazer Chris
          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
            Come on, Kent!!  You know you wanted to say it's the "BEST INTRO EVER!!!"

            -Chris Mazzola

            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
              I'm glad you guys like it :)
            • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
              Message 6 of 6 , Feb 28, 2006
                I could try making one with photoshop...