Some one lurking in Orion

  • James T. Morgan
    Message 1 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
      It took me a few moments to see this. The figure is
      light blue.

      Thought you would be interested in this.

      James

      Message: 1
      Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
      From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>
      Subject: Fw: [JSCAS] Somebody lurking in m42

      Message 2 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
        this looks like a photoshop creation...unless i can see the orion nebula man on "FILM" made by KODAK i will always doubt the authencity of the image.

        Don...

        "James T. Morgan" <morganjt56@...>
        Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        02/01/2006 06:04 AM

        Please respond to
        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        morganjt56@...
        cc
        Subject
        [delmarvastargazers] Some one lurking in Orion

          Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
          From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>

[...]

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        transfers of data to third parties.

      • Jones Lyle A. (DNREC)
        Message 3 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006

          Don did Gary Fick get up you? Your number was wrong in the website for the mirror making.  Did WBOC happen?

            Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
            From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>

[...]

          Francais Deutsch Italiano  Espanol  Portugues  Japanese  Chinese  Korean

          Message 4 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
            Gary did call and I said we don't have any spaces available to him and two others who called last week...the glass is here, we have 16 spaces filled and i don't think there is room for additional folks now.

            I did call WBOC...they were supposed to call me for a video taping with telescopes setup but i have not heard from them.

            Don...

            "Jones Lyle A. \(DNREC\)" <lyjones@...>
            Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

            02/01/2006 08:04 AM

            Please respond to
            delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

            <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
            cc
            Subject
            RE: [delmarvastargazers] Some one lurking in Orion

             Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
             From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>

[...]

            YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

            transfers of data to third parties.

          • Bob Bunge
            Message 5 of 6 , Feb 1, 2006
              Here's an unprocessed scan of a print made from an original neg:

              http://ladyandtramp.com/31-inch/m-42_prime_focus.jpg

              of the same area with a similar scale.

              You can see the area in question and perhaps a bit of outline. I think
              this has everything to do with how the CCD image was stacked and processed.

              For the record, the link above is a 30 second prime focus image on the
              old Konica 3200 ASA film taken through a 31-inch f/7 newtonian. Taken
              perhaps in 1988.

              Bob

              Don R Surles wrote:

              > this looks like a photoshop creation...unless i can see the orion nebula
              > man on "FILM" made by KODAK i will always doubt the authencity of the
              > image.
              >
              > Don...
              >

              > *"James T. Morgan" <morganjt56@...>*
              > Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
              >
              > 02/01/2006 06:04 AM
              > Please respond to
              > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

              > morganjt56@...
              > cc
              >
              > Subject
              > [delmarvastargazers] Some one lurking in Orion
              >

              > It took me a few moments to see this. The figure is
              > light blue.
              >
              > Thought you would be interested in this.
              >
              > James
              >
              > Message: 1
              > Date: Mon, 30 Jan 2006 18:22:00 -0500
              > From: "Scott Ewart" <scott.e@...>