Re: Astrophotography coverup

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
      Amen to everything you say, bro. Amen!

      Kent

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Bob Bunge <bbunge@l...>
      wrote:

      > I think it speaks volumes about today's technology that even KENT
      can
      > take astro images of this quality!!!! :-)
      >
      > Kent, I think you could scrap that junk you are using, get a RV-6,
      some
      > ektachrome 400, an E-6 kit and do REAL astro imaging :-)
      >
      > Bob
      >
      > kentblackwell wrote:
      > > Darn, you caught me!
      > >
      > > I have NO doubt my dabling into astrophotgrapy will be short-
      lived.
      > > I'm just such an equipment geek; I love experimenting with "new"
      > > things. Remember, the only reason I bought the 80mm f/7.5 TMB
      > > refractor was to shoot solar eclipses. I just sort of fell into
      > > astrophotography because the TMB and the Canon 20Da just happened
      > > to "be there". My passion is still visual observing, but I can
      > > certainly understand why some enjoy astrophotograpy better. Thank
      God
      > > we're not all the same, and enjoy the same thing. I can't think
      of
      > > anything in this great hobby that bores me. Well, except maybe
      > > looking at planets and the Moon.
      > >
      > > Kent
      > >
      > > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Morris"
      > > <joemorris@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > >>Hi Don -- This thread reminds me of the wise words that Tom Clark
      > >
      > > told me
      > >
      > >>about his feelings regarding astrophotography. As you know, Tom
      is

      > > a friend
      > >
      > >>who lives at the Chiefland Astronomy Village in FL. and formerly,
      > >
      > > made the
      > >
      > >>Tectron line of Dob scopes. He and his wife are very avid (they
      > >
      > > make Kent
      > >
      > >>seem tame) visual (observational) amateur astronomers. Over the
      > >
      > > years, I've
      > >
      > >>often stopped at Chiefland, in my camper, and stayed during the
      new

      > > moon
      > >
      > >>period in Jan. while heading south to the Winter Star Party
      that's

      > > held in
      > >
      > >>Feb. Tom and his wife often invite me to observe with them using
      > >
      > > their 36"
      > >
      > >>Dob (now a 42"), because he feels sorry for me with my 5"
      refractor
      > >>astrophotography setup. His words of wisdom were, "Whenever I
      want

      > > to do
      > >
      > >>astrophotography, I use my 35mm Nikon with a close-up lens and
      take

      > > pictures
      > >
      > >>of the things I like on the pages of Sky & Telescope." You may
      > >
      > > have caught
      > >
      > >>Kent and me doing the same.
      > >>
      > >>Joe
      > >>

      > >> does anyone find it more than coincidental that Joe's beautiful
      > >
      > > picture of
      > >
      > >>the Rosette and Kent's detailed pict of the Horsehead appear on
      the

      > > 2006
      > >
      > >>RASC calendar? should we require some proof of authenticity...
      > >>
      > >> Joe and Kent, do you have a copy stand or scanner? and a copy
      of

      > > the RASC
      > >
      > >>2006 calendar?
      > >>
      > >> just kidding - your picts are beautiful and I am very envious
      of

      > > your
      > >
      > >>results. keep 'em coming AND WE WILL PUBLISH OUR OWN 2007
      > >
      > > CALENDAR. this
      > >
      > >>is a very real possibility through the on-line services such as
      > >
      > > OFOTO.
      > >
      > >> Don...
      > >>

      > > Yahoo! Groups Links

    • Paul Gray
      Message 2 of 13 , Jan 6, 2006
        Kent,

        I am sure myselfand a freind of mine here could help you with your
        agony of seeing your 25 dob sitting idol. If astroimaging takes you
        over and you no longer have time to visually observe I know ofa very
        good home for your 25".....running and ducking....

        paul gray

        --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "kentblackwell" <kent@e...>