Re: M 42 image

  • John Ambrose
    Message 1 of 21 , Jan 1, 2006
      Kent,

      ImagesPlus in the standard out there for DSRL processing and it comes
      with 4 tutorial discs which are voice/video walk throughs for all the
      steps in processing. I highly recommend it.

      Great shot BTW,

      John

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "kentblackwell" <kent@e...>
      wrote:

      > Read the instruction manual? I just looked at the pictures; the same
      > way I "read" certain other publications.
      >
      > Kent
      >
      > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Joe Morris"
      > <joemorris@s...> wrote:
      > >
      > > Kent -- Did your camera come with an instruction manual? Just
      > Kidding!!!
      > >
      > > I don't know about the 20D but the Rebel XT (350D) saves 8.3 MB per
      > picture
      > > in the RAW mode and only 3.3 MB in the highest (best)JPEG mode.
      > The bigger
      > > the file size, the more information (color depth, contrast, etc.)
      > each photo
      > > has. Might not be so important for images only displayed on
      > computers and
      > > website but very important if one wants to make a print later on.
      > It is
      > > assumed that pictures taken in the RAW mode will undergo post-
      > processing
      > > with a computer. More and more image processing software will
      > directly
      > > import Canon RAW file from it's memory card. PhotoShop CS2 will.
      > By the
      > > way, PhotoShop Elements does almost everything most of us need and
      > cost
      > > about $100 instead of the full blown PhotoShop CS2 at about $650.
      > >
      > > Microsoft has released a "free" program for Windows XP that will
      > import RAW
      > > images from your 20D
      > >
      > http://www.microsoft.com/windowsxp/using/digitalphotography/prophoto/r
      > aw.msp
      > >

      > > > Thanks for all the shared information, I'll check out all the site
      > > > tonight when I get home. I may have more questions. I've been
      > > > shooting everything recently in JPEG & RAW but haven't even
      > figured
      > > > how to open a RAW file, or what to do with it when I do. What is
      > the
      > > > great advantage? Boy, am I an astrophography neophite!
      > > >
      > > > Kent

    • PJ Riley
      Message 2 of 21 , Jan 1, 2006
        I hope y'all have had a enjoyable New Year's Eve !

        Just a reminder that the Jan. meeting is this Tues -
        usual place and time - see www.delmarvastargazers.org
        for details.

        Also, Dues are due ($15) !

        Pj

        __________________________________
      • Jean-Paul Richard
        Message 3 of 21 , Jan 1, 2006
          John:
          Do you have a link to that ImagesPlus software.
          Thanks.
          Jean-Paul Richard

          John Ambrose wrote:

          >Kent,
          >
          >ImagesPlus in the standard out there for DSRL processing and it comes
          >with 4 tutorial discs which are voice/video walk throughs for all the
          >steps in processing. I highly recommend it.
          >
          >Great shot BTW,
          >
          >John

        • Chris Acostar
          Message 4 of 21 , Jan 1, 2006