Re: [delmarvastargazers] Tuckahoe tonight?

  • Chris Mazzola
    Message 1 of 23 , Dec 15, 2001
      Hi all.  I might be there tonight - but if I make it out there I'll have to leave around 8 or 8:30.

      Hope to see you there.

      -Chris (who has a new toy)   :+)
    • Bill Collins
      Message 2 of 23 , Apr 19, 2003
        It looks like there might be clear skies for awhile tonight. Is
        anyone planning to go out to the Park?

        I would be interested in trying it, but I'm a new member to the club
        and have never been to Tuckahoe for an observing session. I would
        probably prefer to meet someone there who has some experience. I'd
        probably plan to arrive by ~7:30 to set up.

        I'll keep an eye on the group here.
      • White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
        Message 3 of 23 , Jul 16, 2004
          If it's looking like it will be clear I'll be there just before it gets
          dark, thanx. I expect the ranger will know to expect people since it's
          the scheduled observing session.

          Message 4 of 23 , Jul 16, 2004
            tmdial2003 wrote:

            > Jean-Paul, I share the same seniorized memory so I can relate very
            > well. Till next time I hope you all have a good night.

            What's a memory? And who are you people, and what are you doing in
            this box on my desk? :-)

            Steve
          • Ralph Dominica
            Message 5 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004
              Anyone considering going to the ball field tonight. It looks to be
              clear but with the wind at 15-20 from the North it will certainly be
              a bit brisk.

              I'm thinking about it as its been a while for me and I'd like to
              field test the Lx 200 10 inch classic I bought a couple of months
              back.
              Ralph D
            • White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
              Message 6 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004
                If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call the ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                Anyone considering going to the ball field tonight. It looks to be
                clear but with the wind at 15-20 from the North it will certainly be
                a bit brisk.

                I'm thinking about it as its been a while for me and I'd like to
                field test the Lx 200 10 inch classic I bought a couple of months
                back.
                Ralph D

                http://us.click.yahoo.com/J8kdrA/y20IAA/yQLSAA/2.XolB/TM
              • Ralph Dominica
                Message 7 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004
                  Doesn't seem like theres many takers. A little unusual as I believe
                  this is the regular monthly stargaze.
                  I'll check in again just before 3:00 but think I'll just do some
                  astro photography from my back deck tonight. Not really feeling up
                  for a 2hour ride each way at this point.

                  delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "White Leonard W TSgt 512
                  EMS/MXMTI" <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                  > If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call the
                  ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                • Bob Bunge
                  Message 8 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004
                    I'm starting to load up, but will make a final call later, depending on
                    the wind.

                    Bob

                    mark_oneal wrote:

                    > I am thinking of braving the north wind tonight. Should have some
                    > decent transparency.
                    >

                    > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Dominica"
                    > <ralphiej@a...> wrote:
                    >
                    >>Doesn't seem like theres many takers. A little unusual as I believe
                    >>this is the regular monthly stargaze.
                    >>I'll check in again just before 3:00 but think I'll just do some
                    >>astro photography from my back deck tonight. Not really feeling up
                    >>for a 2hour ride each way at this point.
                    >>
                    >> delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "White Leonard W TSgt 512
                    >>EMS/MXMTI" <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                    >>
                    >>>If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call
                    >
                    > the
                    >
                    >>ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                  • mark_oneal
                    Message 9 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004

                      <ralphiej@a...> wrote:

                      > Doesn't seem like theres many takers. A little unusual as I believe
                      > this is the regular monthly stargaze.
                      > I'll check in again just before 3:00 but think I'll just do some
                      > astro photography from my back deck tonight. Not really feeling up
                      > for a 2hour ride each way at this point.
                      >
                      > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "White Leonard W TSgt 512
                      > EMS/MXMTI" <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                      > > If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call
                      the
                      > ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                    • John Ambrose
                      Message 10 of 23 , Nov 13, 2004
                        I'll be there tomorrow (Sunday night) the wind is expected to die
                        down considerably.

                        John

                        --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "mark_oneal"
                        <mark_oneal@y...> wrote:

                        > I am thinking of braving the north wind tonight. Should have some
                        > decent transparency.
                        >

                        > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Dominica"
                        > <ralphiej@a...> wrote:
                        > >
                        > > Doesn't seem like theres many takers. A little unusual as I
                        believe
                        > > this is the regular monthly stargaze.
                        > > I'll check in again just before 3:00 but think I'll just do some
                        > > astro photography from my back deck tonight. Not really feeling
                        up
                        > > for a 2hour ride each way at this point.
                        > >
                        > > delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "White Leonard W TSgt 512
                        > > EMS/MXMTI" <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                        > > > If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call
                        > the
                        > > ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                      • Tim Milligan
                        Message 11 of 23 , Nov 14, 2004
                          I will also be at TSP on Sunday night.

                          Tim

                          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "John Ambrose"

                          Message 12 of 23 , Nov 14, 2004
                            Mark, myself, Don S. and one other observer graced the ballfield
                            Saturday night. It was cold... low 30's with 3-4 mph wind and gusts to
                            about 10 mph. I was surprised to find very good seeing and so-so
                            transparency. But it was one of those occasions where the use of higher
                            powers allowed me to pick up additional 1/2 magnitude on the galaxies I
                            was chasing, specially with smaller objects. Over all, another really
                            great night... another 10 Arps bite the dust.

                            Bob

                            mark_oneal wrote:

                            > I am thinking of braving the north wind tonight. Should have some
                            > decent transparency.
                            >

                            > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Ralph Dominica"
                            > <ralphiej@a...> wrote:
                            >
                            >>Doesn't seem like theres many takers. A little unusual as I believe
                            >>this is the regular monthly stargaze.
                            >>I'll check in again just before 3:00 but think I'll just do some
                            >>astro photography from my back deck tonight. Not really feeling up
                            >>for a 2hour ride each way at this point.
                            >>
                            >> delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "White Leonard W TSgt 512
                            >>EMS/MXMTI" <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                            >>
                            >>>If you're definately going to be there I'll show up. I'll call
                            >
                            > the
                            >
                            >>ranger to let them know people will be on the ballfield.

                          • Martha L
                            Message 13 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010
                              Carol and I are planning to head over to Tuckahoe tonight. Anybody else interested? I think I'm still a member. Do I need to call the Ranger?

                              Martha Gay
                            • Milligan, Tim
                              Message 14 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010
                                I am planning on going too. Yes, please call the Ranger office.

                                Tim

                                Tim Milligan
                                Product Manager
                                ABE, Archive Manager, EWS, Task Initiator
                                Integral Systems , Inc
                                443-539-5169
                                milligan@...

                                Carol and I are planning to head over to Tuckahoe tonight. Anybody else interested? I think I'm still a member. Do I need to call the Ranger?

                                Martha Gay

                              • truittjs
                                Message 15 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010

                                  Hi Martha

                                  Membership is like a tetanus shot, if you don't remember you probably haven't. I do not see you on the membership list. The rangers have asked that only members use the park after hours. We all know you Martha so I only ask that you send in a membership form and $15 to Kathy please. You can get the form at our web site www.delmarvastargazers.org.

                                  Thanks Jerry

                                  Message 16 of 23 , Jun 10, 2010
                                    yes, you do need to call the ranger asap...410-820-1668.

                                    Don...