Bo Manor High School

  • Jerry Truitt
    Message 1 of 1 , Nov 3, 2005
      What a great night! I had about 30 high schoolers, some teachers and
      parents last night for my out reach event. We met off one of the ball
      fields on school property. There was still a lot of light from the
      school but it was great compared to some of the other locations I've
      done.

      I showed them in this order, M13, M57, Albireo, M45 the Pleiades and
      Mars. I wanted to show the Andromeda Galaxy too, but I think they were
      freezing. After Mars they ran for the school to get warm.

      I had a great time, everyone was very nice and didn't complain about
      having to wait for the telescope. The adults actually enjoyed it more
      than the children.

      I plan on doing it again in the spring.