RE: [delmarvastargazers] Re: No Frills

  • Norton Douglas (DTI)
    Message 1 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005

      At the next star party, everyone gets fingerprinted and issued a photo ID.

      Douglas A. Norton

      Department of Technology & Information

      William Penn Data Center

      Phone: 302-739-9604

      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005
        I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack & Identification Friend or Foe transmitter.

        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005
          they will be fingerprinted only if they show up...some may have to square their attendance with the spouse before the spouse allows them to attend!

          Don...

          "Norton Douglas \(DTI\)" <douglas.norton@...>
          Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

          10/11/2005 11:35 AM

          Please respond to
          delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

          <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
          cc
          Subject

          <hotmid6@h...> wrote:

          > Sounds familiar...did he have a 10 inch Orion reflector?

                      CJ

          YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

          transfers of data to third parties.

        • PJ Riley
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005
            C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
            forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader. The
            laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
            guy who just breathed on,

            <leonard.white@...> wrote:

            > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
            > Identification Friend or
            > Foe transmitter.
            >
            > ________________________________
            >
            > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

            __________________________________
            http://mail.yahoo.com
          • kentblackwell
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005
              Yea, well you guys keep your high-tech IDs. People always remember me
              by a very simple method, and it's not the 25" telescope. It's the guy
              who eats all those hot dogs that have been simmering all night.

              Kent Blackwell

              --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, PJ Riley <pjr127@y...>
              wrote:

              > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
              > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader. The
              > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
              > guy who just breathed on,
              >
              > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
              > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
              >
              > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
              > > Identification Friend or
              > > Foe transmitter.
              > >
              > > ________________________________
              > >
              > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

              subject=Unsubscri
              > > be>

              > > Yahoo! Terms of
              > >

              > > ________________________________
              > >

              > __________________________________
              > http://mail.yahoo.com

            • Stargazer Chris
              Message 6 of 29 , Oct 11, 2005
                Best hotdogs he's ever had.

                wrote:

                > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader.  The
                > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                > guy who just breathed on,
                >
                > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
                > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                >
                > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                > > Identification Friend or
                > > Foe transmitter.
                > >
                > > ________________________________
                > >
                > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                subject=Unsubscri

                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 12, 2005
                  and, Kent, I just tell them I am the tall shadow with the suthern accent.

                  Don...

                  "kentblackwell" <kent@...>
                  Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                  10/11/2005 05:08 PM

                  Please respond to

                  wrote:

                  > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                  > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader.  The
                  > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                  > guy who just breathed on,
                  >
                  > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
                  > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                  >
                  > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                  > > Identification Friend or
                  > > Foe transmitter.
                  > >
                  > > ________________________________
                  > >
                  > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                                  CJ

                  > > *
                   Visit your group "delmarvastargazers
                  > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delmarvastargazers> "
                  > > on the web.
                  > >

                  > > *

                  subject=Unsubscri
                  > > be>
                  > >

                  > > *
                  > > Yahoo! Terms of
                  > >

                  > > ________________________________
                  > >

                  > __________________________________
                  > http://mail.yahoo.com

                  http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2.XolB/TM

                     http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                  transfers of data to third parties.

                • Charles Wood Jr.
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 12, 2005
                    Was it black??
                  • Charles Wood Jr.
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 12, 2005
                      I know! How about a before and after chart? Picture of the guy at
                      night and a picture during the day lol
                    • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
                      Message 10 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                        Is there any exact date of No Frills at tuckahoe? So a friend of mine
                        in New York can plan ahead and see if he can come down for the star
                        party.
                      • Jerry Truitt
                        Message 11 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                          CJ

                          The event is September 22 to the 26. This a Friday to Tuesday schedule
                          again.

                          The fee is the same as the Star gaze, $25 pre-register $40 after
                          September 1st.

                          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                          <hotmid6@...> wrote:

                          > Is there any exact date of No Frills at tuckahoe? So a friend of mine
                          > in New York can plan ahead and see if he can come down for the star
                          > party.

                        • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
                          Message 12 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                            When will the registration be up?

                            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Truitt"

                            Message 13 of 29 , Sep 21, 2006
                              All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you attending a
                              star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct check them
                              for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.

                              Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                              appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much more
                              important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't remember
                              so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have met and
                              always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new ones.

                              So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the opportunity to meet
                              some new people and make some memories.

                              See you at No Frills.

                              Don...

                              >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@...>
                              >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                              >To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                              >Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe

                              >-- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                              ><hotmid6@...> wrote:
                              >>
                              >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on the
                              >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there tonight?
                              >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                              >>

                              >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                              >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for clear
                              >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                              >tonight... :(
                              >
                              >Mark

                            • Ted Forte
                              Message 14 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                I agree.

                                I didn't pre-register (didn't know if work would open up enough) but I'm on my way, clouds or no.  Save me a spot.  May I suggest two hot dog pots?  One for Kent and one for the rest of us!

                                Ted Forte
                                Virginia Beach, Virginia

                                All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you attending a
                                star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct check them
                                for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.

                                Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                                appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much more
                                important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't remember
                                so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have met and
                                always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new ones.

                                So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the opportunity to meet
                                some new people and make some memories.

                                See you at No Frills.

                                Don...

                                >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@yahoo. com>
                                >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                                >To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                >Subject: [delmarvastargazers ] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe

                                >-- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                ><hotmid6@.. .> wrote:
                                >>
                                >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on the
                                >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there tonight?
                                >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                                >>

                                >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                                >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for clear
                                >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                                >tonight... :(
                                >
                                >Mark

                              • kentblackwell
                                Message 15 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                  I haven't even listened to the forecast. And furthermore, don't plan
                                  to! I'm on my way.

                                  Kent Blackwell

                                  --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles
                                  <don.surles@...> wrote:

                                  > All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you
                                  attending a
                                  > star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct
                                  check them
                                  > for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.
                                  >
                                  > Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                                  > appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much
                                  more
                                  > important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't
                                  remember
                                  > so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have
                                  met and
                                  > always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new
                                  ones.

                                  > So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the
                                  opportunity to meet
                                  > some new people and make some memories.
                                  >
                                  > See you at No Frills.
                                  >
                                  > Don...
                                  >

                                  > >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@...>
                                  > >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                                  > >To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                  > >Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe
                                  >

                                  > >-- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                  > ><hotmid6@> wrote:
                                  > >>
                                  > >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on
                                  the
                                  > >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there
                                  tonight?
                                  > >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                                  > >>

                                  > >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                                  > >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for
                                  clear
                                  > >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                                  > >tonight... :(
                                  > >
                                  > >Mark

                                • mark_oneal
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                    Who needs a forecast? I can look at the satellite imagery and see
                                    that tonight and tomorrow are dead. I live close so I'm going to play
                                    it by ear. Maybe I'll show up later in the party.....

                                    Mark

                                    --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Forte" <twforte@...>
                                    wrote:

                                    > I agree.
                                    >
                                    > I didn't pre-register (didn't know if work would open up enough)
                                    but I'm on my way, clouds or no. Save me a spot. May I suggest two
                                    hot dog pots? One for Kent and one for the rest of us!

                                    > Ted Forte
                                    > Virginia Beach, Virginia

                                  • Cliff Hedgepeth
                                    Message 17 of 29 , Aug 11, 2008
                                      I'm gonna have to miss no frills next month. Had a ball last year.My
                                      wife has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer since
                                      January.Good news is chemo and surgery are finished and prognosis is
                                      good.She needs 33 radiation treatments as a final precaution starting
                                      Sept 1 so that will prevent me from coming but there's always next
                                      year. I willbe at Kent's East Coast Star Party.

                                      Cliff Hedgepeth
                                    • Chuck Jennings
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Oct 1, 2013
                                        We're almost there! What's on your observing list for this weekend?

                                        -Chuck

                                        Sent from my iPhone