Re: [delmarvastargazers] No Frills

  • Michael Enright
    Message 1 of 29 , Sep 30, 2005
      What time is the fish fry?

      Jerry Truitt <Truittjs@...> wrote:
      No Frills is going great. Wednesday night saw clear skies and a Milky
      Way that just jumped out at you.

      There was a little rain yesterday, but the forecast is for clear skies
      the rest of the weekend. There is lots of room at the equestrian center
      so come on down and join us. We're having fish fry on Saturday you
      won't want to miss.

      Yahoo! for Good
    • woody314z
      Message 2 of 29 , Oct 6 6:44 PM
        I recieved this email from one of attendees. I hope I can just paste
        it in here. Joe

        Joe:

        I didn't know how to send an e-mail to everyone involved, so I
        thought I'd sent this to my only contact.

        I attended the No Frills Star Party and I had a great time. I'd
        like to thank Lyle Jones, Jerry Truitt, Keith Lohmeyer, and of
        course you for putting together a fine even that I will make an
        annual stop on my Star Party list.

        The facilities were great, the sky cooperated, and the soup and fish
        were fantastic.

        I met some wonderful people and one or two that I could have missed,
        but for the most part the folks there were helpful and friendly.

        I'll report the star party event and my experiences there to my home
        club the Goddard Astronomer Club.

        Thanks again for a fun weekend, I know it doesn't happen without a
        lot of work from the host club and a few special member.

        Randy Worden
      • Charles Wood Jr.
        Message 3 of 29 , Oct 7 8:01 AM
          Sounds familiar...did he have a 10 inch Orion reflector?
          CJ
        • randy7667
          Message 4 of 29 , Oct 11 7:51 AM
            No, my telescope is a 8" LX200GPS. I was next to you I think.

            Randy--- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr."
            <hotmid6@h...> wrote:

            > Sounds familiar...did he have a 10 inch Orion reflector?
            > CJ

          • Norton Douglas (DTI)
            Message 5 of 29 , Oct 11 8:35 AM

              At the next star party, everyone gets fingerprinted and issued a photo ID.

              Douglas A. Norton

              Department of Technology & Information

              William Penn Data Center

              Phone: 302-739-9604

              <hotmid6@h...> wrote:

              > Sounds familiar...did he have a 10 inch Orion reflector?
              >                                 CJ

            • White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI

                Message 7 of 29 , Oct 11 10:26 AM
                  they will be fingerprinted only if they show up...some may have to square their attendance with the spouse before the spouse allows them to attend!

                  Don...

                  "Norton Douglas \(DTI\)" <douglas.norton@...>
                  Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                  10/11/2005 11:35 AM

                  Please respond to
                  delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                  <delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com>
                  cc
                  Subject
                  RE: [delmarvastargazers] Re: No Frills

                  <hotmid6@h...> wrote:

                  > Sounds familiar...did he have a 10 inch Orion reflector?

                              CJ

                  YAHOO! GROUPS LINKS

                  transfers of data to third parties.

                • PJ Riley
                  Message 8 of 29 , Oct 11 11:22 AM
                    C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                    forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader. The
                    laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                    guy who just breathed on,

                    <leonard.white@...> wrote:

                    > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                    > Identification Friend or
                    > Foe transmitter.
                    >
                    > ________________________________
                    >
                    > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                    __________________________________
                    http://mail.yahoo.com
                  • kentblackwell
                    Message 9 of 29 , Oct 11 2:08 PM
                      Yea, well you guys keep your high-tech IDs. People always remember me
                      by a very simple method, and it's not the 25" telescope. It's the guy
                      who eats all those hot dogs that have been simmering all night.

                      Kent Blackwell

                      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, PJ Riley <pjr127@y...>
                      wrote:

                      > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                      > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader. The
                      > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                      > guy who just breathed on,
                      >
                      > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
                      > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                      >
                      > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                      > > Identification Friend or
                      > > Foe transmitter.
                      > >
                      > > ________________________________
                      > >
                      > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                      subject=Unsubscri
                      > > be>

                      > > Yahoo! Terms of
                      > >

                      > > ________________________________
                      > >

                      > __________________________________
                      > http://mail.yahoo.com

                    • Stargazer Chris
                      Message 10 of 29 , Oct 11 4:14 PM
                        Best hotdogs he's ever had.

                        wrote:

                        > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                        > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader.  The
                        > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                        > guy who just breathed on,
                        >
                        > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
                        > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                        >
                        > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                        > > Identification Friend or
                        > > Foe transmitter.
                        > >
                        > > ________________________________
                        > >
                        > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                        subject=Unsubscri

                        Message 11 of 29 , Oct 12 4:17 AM
                          and, Kent, I just tell them I am the tall shadow with the suthern accent.

                          Don...

                          "kentblackwell" <kent@...>
                          Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                          10/11/2005 05:08 PM

                          Please respond to

                          wrote:

                          > C'mon guys, keep it simple - barcode tats across the
                          > forehead, and everyones gets a barcode reader.  The
                          > laser reader will work at night and help you to ID the
                          > guy who just breathed on,
                          >
                          > --- White Leonard W TSgt 512 EMS/MXMTI
                          > <leonard.white@d...> wrote:
                          >
                          > > I was thinking a chip under the skin & lojack &
                          > > Identification Friend or
                          > > Foe transmitter.
                          > >
                          > > ________________________________
                          > >
                          > > From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

                                          CJ

                          > > *
                           Visit your group "delmarvastargazers
                          > > <http://groups.yahoo.com/group/delmarvastargazers> "
                          > > on the web.
                          > >

                          > > *

                          subject=Unsubscri

                          http://us.click.yahoo.com/dpRU5A/wUILAA/yQLSAA/2.XolB/TM

                             http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

                          Message 12 of 29 , Oct 12 6:02 AM
                            Was it black??
                          • Charles Wood Jr.
                            Message 13 of 29 , Oct 12 6:10 AM
                              I know! How about a before and after chart? Picture of the guy at
                              night and a picture during the day lol
                            • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
                              Message 14 of 29 , Jul 4, 2006
                                Is there any exact date of No Frills at tuckahoe? So a friend of mine
                                in New York can plan ahead and see if he can come down for the star
                                party.
                              • Jerry Truitt
                                Message 15 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                  CJ

                                  The event is September 22 to the 26. This a Friday to Tuesday schedule
                                  again.

                                  The fee is the same as the Star gaze, $25 pre-register $40 after
                                  September 1st.

                                  --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                  <hotmid6@...> wrote:

                                  > Is there any exact date of No Frills at tuckahoe? So a friend of mine
                                  > in New York can plan ahead and see if he can come down for the star
                                  > party.

                                • Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)
                                  Message 16 of 29 , Jul 5, 2006
                                    When will the registration be up?

                                    --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Jerry Truitt"

                                    Message 17 of 29 , Sep 21, 2006
                                      All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you attending a
                                      star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct check them
                                      for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.

                                      Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                                      appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much more
                                      important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't remember
                                      so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have met and
                                      always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new ones.

                                      So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the opportunity to meet
                                      some new people and make some memories.

                                      See you at No Frills.

                                      Don...

                                      >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@...>
                                      >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                                      >To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                      >Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe

                                      >-- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                      ><hotmid6@...> wrote:
                                      >>
                                      >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on the
                                      >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there tonight?
                                      >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                                      >>

                                      >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                                      >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for clear
                                      >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                                      >tonight... :(
                                      >
                                      >Mark

                                    • Ted Forte
                                      Message 18 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                        I agree.

                                        I didn't pre-register (didn't know if work would open up enough) but I'm on my way, clouds or no.  Save me a spot.  May I suggest two hot dog pots?  One for Kent and one for the rest of us!

                                        Ted Forte
                                        Virginia Beach, Virginia

                                        All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you attending a
                                        star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct check them
                                        for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.

                                        Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                                        appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much more
                                        important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't remember
                                        so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have met and
                                        always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new ones.

                                        So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the opportunity to meet
                                        some new people and make some memories.

                                        See you at No Frills.

                                        Don...

                                        >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@yahoo. com>
                                        >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                                        >To: delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com
                                        >Subject: [delmarvastargazers ] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe

                                        >-- In delmarvastargazers@ yahoogroups. com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                        ><hotmid6@.. .> wrote:
                                        >>
                                        >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on the
                                        >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there tonight?
                                        >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                                        >>

                                        >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                                        >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for clear
                                        >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                                        >tonight... :(
                                        >
                                        >Mark

                                      • kentblackwell
                                        Message 19 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                          I haven't even listened to the forecast. And furthermore, don't plan
                                          to! I'm on my way.

                                          Kent Blackwell

                                          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don Surles
                                          <don.surles@...> wrote:

                                          > All Star Gazers: Please don't let a weather FORECAST prevent you
                                          attending a
                                          > star party. At best it is only a Forecast and if you would juct
                                          check them
                                          > for the past few days you wwould see that they CHANGE.
                                          >
                                          > Star parties are so much more than just clear skies although we all
                                          > appreciate them. The camaraderie of fellow star gazers is so much
                                          more
                                          > important than the view thru the eyepiece. Over the years I don't
                                          remember
                                          > so many of the views but I sure do remember the fine people I have
                                          met and
                                          > always look forward to renewing those friendships and to making new
                                          ones.

                                          > So, if the skies are milky or hazy or whatever take the
                                          opportunity to meet
                                          > some new people and make some memories.
                                          >
                                          > See you at No Frills.
                                          >
                                          > Don...
                                          >

                                          > >From: mark_oneal <mark_oneal@...>
                                          > >Date: 2006/09/21 Thu PM 05:18:28 CDT
                                          > >To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
                                          > >Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Re: Wednesday Tuckahoe
                                          >

                                          > >-- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Charles Wood Jr.(CJ)"
                                          > ><hotmid6@> wrote:
                                          > >>
                                          > >> I can be there alone, It doesn't bother me...It's my parents on
                                          the
                                          > >> other hand. Wasn't Tony and some other guy be camping there
                                          tonight?
                                          > >> Wouldn't they be stargazing?
                                          > >>

                                          > >Sorry CJ. I have my away from home resources committed to the star
                                          > >party, which unfortunately looks like its going to be a bust for
                                          clear
                                          > >skies. I'd shift gears but my wife already has plans to go out
                                          > >tonight... :(
                                          > >
                                          > >Mark

                                        • mark_oneal
                                          Message 20 of 29 , Sep 22, 2006
                                            Who needs a forecast? I can look at the satellite imagery and see
                                            that tonight and tomorrow are dead. I live close so I'm going to play
                                            it by ear. Maybe I'll show up later in the party.....

                                            Mark

                                            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "Ted Forte" <twforte@...>
                                            wrote:

                                            > I agree.
                                            >
                                            > I didn't pre-register (didn't know if work would open up enough)
                                            but I'm on my way, clouds or no. Save me a spot. May I suggest two
                                            hot dog pots? One for Kent and one for the rest of us!

                                            > Ted Forte
                                            > Virginia Beach, Virginia

                                          • Cliff Hedgepeth
                                            Message 21 of 29 , Aug 11, 2008
                                              I'm gonna have to miss no frills next month. Had a ball last year.My
                                              wife has been undergoing treatment for breast cancer since
                                              January.Good news is chemo and surgery are finished and prognosis is
                                              good.She needs 33 radiation treatments as a final precaution starting
                                              Sept 1 so that will prevent me from coming but there's always next
                                              year. I willbe at Kent's East Coast Star Party.

                                              Cliff Hedgepeth
                                            • Chuck Jennings
                                              Message 22 of 29 , Oct 1 7:03 AM
                                                We're almost there! What's on your observing list for this weekend?

                                                -Chuck

                                                Sent from my iPhone