Meade DSI

  • James T. Morgan
    Message 1 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
      There is an excellent review of this in the latest
      issue of Sky and Tel (October 2005). Usually a good
      review is like a condensed manual that highlights the
      important stuff first and this does exactly that.
      There is more than meets the eye in these cameras and
      I really am excited about them.

      I would recommend that anyone interested in these take
      a look at the review.

      James

      http://mail.yahoo.com
    • James T. Morgan
      Message 2 of 2 , Aug 31, 2005
        I forgot an important part of this review. Power for
        the DSI is through the USB cable and this may cause
        problems with using a battery operated laptop. They
        note the problems in the review and suggest a card for
        the laptop that might overcome the problem. We ran
        into problems with power even when using an inverter
        and a 35 amp hour fully charged battery.

        Also when you receive this you want to use it as soon
        as possible and I suggest you follow the using it in
        daylight routine suggested in the review and power the
        lap top from house current. One of the things we did
        notice is one unit out of the three that we were using
        did not work right and had to be sent back to Meade.

        James

        http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs