Re: Anacortes

  • mark_oneal
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 15, 2005
      I could have saved you some time and effort. Never buy anything from
      Epson. It's all garbage......

      Mark

      --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don R Surles <Don.R.Surles-
      1@u...> wrote:
      > I have an experience that isn't quite as rosy - and not astronomy
      related.

      > I gave my wife a new IMac for Christmas and with it a new Epson
      CX4600
      > color printer, copier, & scanner combo unit. Since Christmas we
      have
      > probably printed less than 100 pages with it. And it just quit
      printing a
      > couple of weeks ago.
      >
      > I read the manual, did all the hoop jumping, a couple of magic
      > incantations and some pixie dust to make it print again and had no
      > success. So I called Epson's Helpless line and spent 1.5 hours
      long
      > distance to find out that my print head was not functioning
      properly...I
      > knew that when I called them!
      >
      > The resource insisted I buy a new set of print cartridges ($35.00)
      and
      > test the printhead again. This solution did not bring the printer
      back to
      > life. So I called the Helpless line again and repeated my story.
      This
      > time they agreed to send me a Refurbed unit but I had to agree to
      have a
      > charge of $89.00 put on my credit card and return the old unit
      within 7
      > days. This call was only 45 minutes.
      >
      > I tried to tell these folks that I did not want to buy a second
      printer to
      > replace the one that was under warranty and this was no way to
      treat their
      > customer. I lost the argument. They did ship a refurbed unit.
      After an
      > hour of unpacking the new printer, removing the old one, and
      connecting
      > the new one I found the XXXXXXXX thing would not come to life.
      The
> [...]
      > Astromart. Since I've never had any trouble with any of my
      purchases
      > from them, I've never had an opportunity to test their product
      > support or commitment to customer satisfaction...but I'm not at all
      > surprised by your experience.
      >
      > When a company gives me bad service, I'm not shy about letting
      others
      > know....but it's also important to let the world know about the
      truly
      > righteous operations...
      >
      > Along similar lines, I ordered a pair of 15X70 binoculars a couple
      of
      > years ago from Oberwerk (bigbinoculars.com). I was a little
      > disappointed at "ghost images" when viewing the first-quarter Moon,
      > though other views (star fields, clusters, etc) were fine. I
      phoned
      > Kevin Busarow, the company owner, and without further prompting, he
      > shipped a second pair out to me, along with a return UPS shipping
      > label. The replacements were on my doorstep in two days, and I
      > shipped the bad pair back in the same box! No return shipping
      > charges, no waiting for the bad pair to arrive back at Oberwerk
      > before shipping the new pair...all it cost me was 2 days' (errr,
      > nights') time. [The new pair was just fine, BTW]
      >
      > There are some businesses that still understand how customer
      loyalty
      > is earned!
      >
      > Clear skies,
      >
      > Jim
      >

      > --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "mark_oneal"
      > <mark_oneal@y...> wrote:
      > > I want to mention a happy experience with Anacortes to an EP
      > problem
      > > that I had. I had bought a 2" BW-Optik 30mm 80deg EP from them
      > about a
      > > year and a half ago. It's a fine EP for the $99 price tag and I
      use
      > it
      > > a lot. However stars directly in the center of the FOV were
      always
      > out
      > > of focus. I assumed that I was picking up the secondary in my
      > reflector
      > > and just decided to live with it as it wasn't that bad. However
      > > recently I was looking through the EP during the daytime in a
      > refractor
      > > and noticed that there was a fuzzy patch directly in the center.
      > It's
      > > defective! I sent an email to Anacortes asking if they could put
      me
      > in
      > > touch with the manufacturer. I never received a reply but
      yesterday
      > > brand new replacement EP showed up in the mail free of charge. It
      > works
      > > much better. Not too shabby!
      > >

      > > Mark
      >

      > Yahoo! Groups Links
      >

      > This communication is for use by the intended recipient and
      contains information that may be privileged, confidential or
      copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended
      recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or
      distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly
      prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this
      e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously
      designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute
      a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a
      contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use
      of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for
      transfers of data to third parties.

      > Francais Deutsch Italiano Espanol Portugues Japanese
      Chinese Korean