small computer

    Message 1 of 4 , Aug 1 5:02 AM

      here is  a link for a small computer that may be of interest to amateur astronomers.

      i am curious...what applications would AA's use a small computer such as this one...comments are welcome.

      http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=P34-1000

      Don...

    • Bob Bunge
      Message 2 of 4 , Aug 1 8:16 AM
        For me personally, I don't have a bug for something like this; I've
        been using an old 300 Mhz (Gateway Solo 2500, $200 on Ebay) laptop to
        run Megastar in the field and serve as the display to make my scope "go
        and push" with great effect. It can run any windows app, does Wifi, I
        can jump to some spreadsheets and Access databases that I store data in,
        etc. And the display is big enough to be seen from a distance. I also
        like that almost any spare part for it can be found on Ebay for a few bucks.

        Bob

        Don R Surles wrote:

        > here is a link for a small computer that may be of interest to amateur
        > astronomers.
        >
        > i am curious...what applications would AA's use a small computer such as
        > this one...comments are welcome.
        >
        > http://www.tigerdirect.com/applications/SearchTools/item-details.asp?Sku=P34-1000
        >

        > Don...

      • James T. Morgan
        Message 3 of 4 , Aug 9 7:44 PM
          I looked at this and it does have some merit. I went
          to the website andf the price seems very reasonable.
          This is a refurbished unit but at that it will do the
          job I am looking for. I need something that I can
          load up with excel spread sheets and to use them to
          cross reference star numbers and names.
          I am going to look into ordering one of these soon
          and will keep folks posted as to my results.

          James

          delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Don R Surles

          http://www.yahoo.com/r/hs
          Message 4 of 4 , Aug 10 9:57 AM

            OK, folks...here is the weather forecast for the Perseids.  This is about as good as it gets for Delmarva in the summertime.  See you at Pickering Creek tomorrow afternoon.

            Don...

            Today: Partly cloudy with a slight chance of thunderstorms. High 87F. Winds ESE at 5 to 10 mph. Chance of rain 30%.

            Tonight: Isolated thunderstorms during the evening. Mainly clear skies after midnight. Humid. Low 73F. Winds light and variable. Chance of rain 30%.

            Tomorrow: Generally sunny despite a few afternoon clouds. A stray thunderstorm is possible through the evening. High 93F. Winds WSW at 5 to 10 mph.

            Tomorrow night: Mostly clear. Humid. Low 73F. Winds light and variable.

            Friday: A few thunderstorms possible. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the mid 70s.

            Saturday: Mix of sun and clouds. Highs in the low 90s and lows in the mid 70s.

            Sunday: Slight chance of a thunderstorm. Highs in the mid 90s and lows in the mid 70s.

            This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

                     Francais  Deutsch  Italiano  Espanol  Portugues  Japanese  Chinese  Korean

                                http://www.dupont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html