leonid meteor shower

  • pjr127@yahoo.com
    Message 1 of 4 , Nov 12, 2001
      When is everyone showing up for the shower next Sat/Sun ?
      What is a bad time to show up? (other than sunrise Sun)
      Message 2 of 4 , Nov 12, 2001
        i will be there around sunset saturday night.

        don...

        pjr127@... on 11/12/2001 02:36:15 PM

        Please respond to delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        cc:
        Subject: [delmarvastargazers] leonid meteor shower

        When is everyone showing up for the shower next Sat/Sun ?
        What is a bad time to show up? (other than sunrise Sun)

      • Sue and Paul Gray
        Message 3 of 4 , Nov 12, 2001
          Hello all,

          I am plannign on not showing up till later in the evening. Its my daughters
          first birthady saturday ( she was why i missedthe shower last year!) and it
          will be a long night so some rest beforethe late hours will be needed.

          > When is everyone showing up for the shower next Sat/Sun ?
          > What is a bad time to show up? (other than sunrise Sun)

          A bad time is after the show is over. The shower radiant doesn't tise till
          midnight so we wont see much form the leonids till after then.

          PS. I am planning on being at Tuckahoe but also have sites line up north
          south and west of the area where iam willignto go if the skies will be clear
          thereand not here. All within 300 miles of courseso if there are any
          diehards who wantot join me if the watheri s bad let me know.

          Paul Gray

          Halifax RASC member at large

          Check out my website at:
          http://members.home.net/suenpaulgray/hp02.htm
        • Richaudgar@aol.com
          Message 4 of 4 , Nov 12, 2001
            Saw on CNN news today where the Leonids this year are expected by the experts
            to be "spectacular", particularly on Nov. 18.

            Dick Gardner