dark sites near Salisbury University?

  • zeldaboy101
    Message 1 of 2 , Jul 7, 2005
      Hello all,

      Im not a member of the club but was hoping someone might be able to
      help me out. Im transferring to Salisbury University this fall and
      will have a car with me so I can get to dark sites this year. Does
      anybody know of anything even semi dark (mag 4 skies would be fine)
      thats fairly close to SU? Of course, it would have to be a safe area,
      I do astrophotography and haul a lot of equipment around.

      I was also wondering if I and a friend might be able to stop by
      Tuckahoe State Park a few times during the year to join you guys? Its
      an hour and a half drive for me, so it would only be a few times. I'd
      join the club but the meetings arent that close to my house or the
      college and when im home Tuckahoe is too far to drive for a single night.

      I can use all the help I can get, last year I observed in mag. 2-3
      skies the entire year, it was really disappointing.

      thanks and clear skies,
      Jeremy
      Message 2 of 2 , Jul 8, 2005

        Jeremy, please contact:

                Dan Kennedy
                3938 Texas Rd
                Bivalve, MD

                410-873-3295

        Dan is a Delmarva Star Gazer,  has dark skies, and several local observatories in his backyard.  I am sure he can help you.

        You are welcome to join us at T-hoe; just stay tuned to yahoogroups for updates on when and where.

        Good luck, Don

        "zeldaboy101" <zeldaboy101@...>
        Sent by: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        07/08/2005 01:24 AM

        Please respond to
        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [delmarvastargazers] dark sites near Salisbury University?

[...]

        Yahoo! Groups Links

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/