Re: [delmarvastargazers] Tuckahoe...

  • Richaudgar@aol.com
    Message 1 of 14 , Feb 13, 2001
      Been out of touch lately in the wilds of Canada -- what day is the launch?
    • Douglas A. Norton
      Message 2 of 14 , Mar 14, 2001
        If the forecast holds up and looks good towards the end of the day, I will
        be there.
        I will have to go back to Wilmington to get my stuff, but I will be there
        around dark. We
        should have plenty of dark because the moon won't rise until almost midnight.
        I have a
        few Messier objects to hunt down tonight. Hope to see someone there....

        Doug Norton
        OIS/Customer Services
        Phone: 302.739.9524
        E-Mail: DNorton@...
      • strix@mindspring.com
        Message 3 of 14 , Mar 21, 2002
          Tonight looks bad. But tomorrow is a strong possibility. Anyone up for it, or maybe even Saturday evening? Well just thought I'd get the word out.

          Doug Norton

          http://mail2web.com/ .
        • Steven Long
          Message 4 of 14 , Mar 21, 2002
            Doug:

            Tuckahoe on Friday sounds really good. I'm topping off my
            12-volt battery and cleaning my eyepieces and my thermal
            underwear. :-)

            The moon might hang around til late, but I hope to hang around later.

            See ya there!

            Steve
            Message 5 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005

              Doug & Marlene: I am now in Smyrna - it is cloudy in the south, west & north - that is not good for stargazing.

              I think I will nix the Tuckahoe trip tonight.  If it clears up we can go to Blackbird Forest.

              Marlene, my phone number is 302- 653-9445 - please call so i can give you directions to BBSF or to my house.

              If anyone else is going to T-Hoe and needs the gate combination please call me.

              Tomorrow night is supposed to be clear - that sounds like a good time for T-hoe.

              Don...

              "Norton Douglas \(DTI\)" <Douglas.Norton@...>

              02/11/2005 03:24 PM

              Don R Surles/AE/DuPont@DuPont
              cc
              Subject
              RE: Tuckahoe...

              OK I will be there at 6:30.

              Douglas A. Norton

              Department of Technology & Information

              William Penn Data Center

              Phone: 302-739-9604

              Fax: 302-677-7003

              Message 6 of 14 , Feb 11, 2005
                Shame on all of you who doubted the skies tonight at Tuckahoe. I
                arrived at 6:30 to partly cloudy skies to the west and north
                horizons, and CLEAR skies to the south, west and overhead. It was
                breezy from time to time, but the skies held clear. In fact by 9PM it
                was totally clear all the way around. I got to enjoy it all by
                myself....

                Mark
              • Teresa T. Young
                Message 7 of 14 , Feb 12, 2005
                  All,

                  I was too tired to go out last night, but am going to try to get
                  there tonight. Anyone else coming?

                  Teri

                  mark_oneal wrote:

                  >Shame on all of you who doubted the skies tonight at Tuckahoe. I
                  >arrived at 6:30 to partly cloudy skies to the west and north
                  >horizons, and CLEAR skies to the south, west and overhead. It was
                  >breezy from time to time, but the skies held clear. In fact by 9PM it
                  >was totally clear all the way around. I got to enjoy it all by
                  >myself....
                  >

                  >Mark
                  >

                  >Yahoo! Groups Links

                • Steve Long
                  Message 8 of 14 , Feb 12, 2005
                    "Teresa T. Young" wrote:

                    > All,
                    >
                    > I was too tired to go out last night, but am going to try to get
                    > there tonight. Anyone else coming?
                    >
                    > Teri

                    Teri, I wanted to go tonight, but something else came up. Hope you get
                    some takers and have a good night's observing!

                    Steve