Re: [delmarvastargazers] Dues

    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005

      Kent, the dues are $15 per yr and should be paid to Kathy Sheldon.

      Frank, please email your USPS address for Kent.

      The No Frills is Sept 28-Oct 2.

      Have fun in the Pacific and watch out for tsunamis.

      Don...

      "kentblackwell" <kent@...>

      03/10/2005 08:19 PM

      Please respond to
      delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

      delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      cc
      Subject
      [delmarvastargazers] Dues

      What is the club renewal membership fee, and to whom do I send the
      check. I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
      Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I WILL be
      cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
      eclipse on April 8.

      Has a fall date for No-Frills been decided yet? I ask a lot of
      questions for someone from Virginia.

      Kent Blackwell
      Virginia Beach, VA

      http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/2.XolB/TM

         http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

    • Steve Long
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005
        kentblackwell wrote:

        > I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
        > Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I WILL be
        > cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
        > eclipse on April 8.

        Kent!! Bring back photos! And some photos of the eclipse, too! :-)

        Steve
      • Jim Rosenstock
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 11, 2005
          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Steve Long
          <longsteven@c...> wrote:

          > kentblackwell wrote:
          > >
          > > I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
          > > Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I
          WILL be
          > > cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
          > > eclipse on April 8.
          > >

          > Kent!! Bring back photos! And some photos of the eclipse,
          too! :-)

          > Steve

          Not to speak for Kent, but there will be very limited time for
          photography of the total phase. This will be the rarest of solar
          eclipses, a "hybrid" or "annular-total" eclipse. The Sun's and
          Moon's apparent sizes will be such a close match this time, that the
          eclipse will start and end as an annular eclipse, with the Moon not
          quite able to cover the entire photosphere of the Sun. In the
          middle of the eclipse, the bulge of Earth will bring us just enough
          closer to the Moon that it will just barely cover the Sun, and a 30+
          second total phase will be observable (hopefully....pray for clear
          skies for us!). The total phase will not make landfall at all, it
          is a very narrow, fairly short path in the middle of the Pacific.
          Tahiti and the Galapagos Islands are within striking distance,
          though, if you're fanatic enough...

          But with only a 30-second totality, I suspect only the truly fanatic
          photographers will be shooting...I certainly plan on ferating my
          eyes the whole time, and depending on Sky&Tel for the photo-
          documentation..

          Though both the total and annular phases will be quite brief, views
          of "secondary" effects--Baily's Beads, the chromosphere, shadow
          bands--will likely be significantly enhanced.

          FWIW, this October 3 will feature a long (4-minute+) annular
          eclipse, viewable from Madrid under favorable weather prospects...

          Clear skies,

          Jim