Dues

  • kentblackwell
    Message 1 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005
      What is the club renewal membership fee, and to whom do I send the
      check. I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
      Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I WILL be
      cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
      eclipse on April 8.

      Has a fall date for No-Frills been decided yet? I ask a lot of
      questions for someone from Virginia.

      Kent Blackwell
      Virginia Beach, VA
      Message 2 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005

        Kent, the dues are $15 per yr and should be paid to Kathy Sheldon.

        Frank, please email your USPS address for Kent.

        The No Frills is Sept 28-Oct 2.

        Have fun in the Pacific and watch out for tsunamis.

        Don...

        "kentblackwell" <kent@...>

        03/10/2005 08:19 PM

        Please respond to
        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [delmarvastargazers] Dues

        What is the club renewal membership fee, and to whom do I send the
        check. I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
        Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I WILL be
        cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
        eclipse on April 8.

        Has a fall date for No-Frills been decided yet? I ask a lot of
        questions for someone from Virginia.

        Kent Blackwell
        Virginia Beach, VA

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/RzSHvD/UOnJAA/79vVAA/2.XolB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

      • Steve Long
        Message 3 of 4 , Mar 10, 2005
          kentblackwell wrote:

          > I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
          > Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I WILL be
          > cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
          > eclipse on April 8.

          Kent!! Bring back photos! And some photos of the eclipse, too! :-)

          Steve
        • Jim Rosenstock
          Message 4 of 4 , Mar 11, 2005
            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, Steve Long
            <longsteven@c...> wrote:

            > kentblackwell wrote:
            > >
            > > I regret to inform all that I will not be attending the
            > > Delmarva Stargaze at Tuckahoe next month. On the plus side I
            WILL be
            > > cruising the Pacific Ocean and Tahiti witnessing the total solar
            > > eclipse on April 8.
            > >

            > Kent!! Bring back photos! And some photos of the eclipse,
            too! :-)

            > Steve

            Not to speak for Kent, but there will be very limited time for
            photography of the total phase. This will be the rarest of solar
            eclipses, a "hybrid" or "annular-total" eclipse. The Sun's and
            Moon's apparent sizes will be such a close match this time, that the
            eclipse will start and end as an annular eclipse, with the Moon not
            quite able to cover the entire photosphere of the Sun. In the
            middle of the eclipse, the bulge of Earth will bring us just enough
            closer to the Moon that it will just barely cover the Sun, and a 30+
            second total phase will be observable (hopefully....pray for clear
            skies for us!). The total phase will not make landfall at all, it
            is a very narrow, fairly short path in the middle of the Pacific.
            Tahiti and the Galapagos Islands are within striking distance,
            though, if you're fanatic enough...

            But with only a 30-second totality, I suspect only the truly fanatic
            photographers will be shooting...I certainly plan on ferating my
            eyes the whole time, and depending on Sky&Tel for the photo-
            documentation..

            Though both the total and annular phases will be quite brief, views
            of "secondary" effects--Baily's Beads, the chromosphere, shadow
            bands--will likely be significantly enhanced.

            FWIW, this October 3 will feature a long (4-minute+) annular
            eclipse, viewable from Madrid under favorable weather prospects...

            Clear skies,

            Jim