Need help for article about astronomy!

  • chaffin7
    Message 1 of 3 , Jan 11, 2005
      Hello!

      I am a freelance writer living in Newark, Delaware, and I'm working
      on an article (for The Delmarva Quarterly) about amateur astronomy
      here on Delmarva.

      I've been in contact with Don Surles, and he suggested I post a few
      questions here so that any of you who would like to respond may.
      Well, here goes!

      1. What makes Delmarva a good place to stargaze?
      2. Is the Delmarva Stargazers group concerned about light pollution?
      If so, is the group taking any active steps to combat lp?
      3. How did you get started in amateur astronomy, and what suggestions
      would you have for someone who's just starting out themselves?
      4. How is being a member of the Delmarva Stargazers helpful to you?
      5. What's your favorite object in the sky?
      6. Why do you study the sky? (To learn, to relax, as a hobby, etc.)

      Please feel free to respond to any, all, or none (make up your own
      question to answer!) of the above questions. I appreciate your time,
      and thank you in advance for helping me with the article.

      Thanks!
      Janel Atlas
      thewriteatlas@...
      Message 2 of 3 , Jan 12, 2005

        Janel, here are my comments to your questions:

        Don...

        "chaffin7" <chaffin7@...>

        01/11/2005 04:44 PM

        Please respond to
        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        cc
        Subject
        [delmarvastargazers] Need help for article about astronomy!

[...]

        http://us.click.yahoo.com/TzSHvD/SOnJAA/79vVAA/2.XolB/TM

           http://docs.yahoo.com/info/terms/

        This communication is for use by the intended recipient and contains information that may be privileged, confidential or copyrighted under applicable law. If you are not the intended recipient, you are hereby formally notified that any use, copying or distribution of this e-mail, in whole or in part, is strictly prohibited. Please notify the sender by return e-mail and delete this e-mail from your system. Unless explicitly and conspicuously designated as "E-Contract Intended", this e-mail does not constitute a contract offer, a contract amendment, or an acceptance of a contract offer. This e-mail does not constitute a consent to the use of sender's contact information for direct marketing purposes or for transfers of data to third parties.

        Francais  Deutsch  Italiano  Espanol  Portugues  Japanese  Chinese  Korean
        www.dupont.com/corp/email_disclaimer.html

      • Rick
        Message 3 of 3 , Mar 1, 2005
          Darn, Is it that time again? Another meeting missed!

          Oh well,

          I picked up the Spring issue of The Delmarva Quarterly at Dover Public Library!
          Sure 'nuff we're in there. (Specifically - Don - Three cheers!)
          I'm going to the library to return an overdue book. I'll be sure and grab about a dozen.

          See you next month,
          Rick