Re: [delmarvastargazers] Digest Number 841

  • ccivortex@blast.net
    Message 1 of 3 , Dec 1, 2004
      A while back I had a conversation with David Grotsky about the 4.5 inch Shief.
      You and I even discussed my buying your mirrors for your 6", remember?

      There was talk about doing a number of those mirrors as part of the next mirror
      event.

      Except for Don's announcement that he couldn't run the event, there was
      nothing I saw to promote it.

      Even if we don't do mirrors, I'd love to just hang out, talk shop, have a star party,
      etc.

      I've been talking up this event quite a bit. Please Lyle, send out the invitations
      and lets see how many respond. Put me down and in the mean time, I'll talk it up
      with others I know.

      Art Bianconi

      Date sent: 1 Dec 2004 14:36:00 -0000
      From: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      To: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
      Subject: [delmarvastargazers] Digest Number 841
      Send reply to: delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

      > Message: 1
      > Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:16:38 -0500
      > From: "Jones Lyle A. \(DNREC\)" <lyjones@...>
      > Subject: Mirror Making event
      >
      > Since I have heard from no one except Terry Young about the mirror
      > making event, I should assume that the mirror making event is off for
      > this year and I should cancel I reservation at the St. Jones Reserve.
      > Lyle

      For more information, please visit our web site:

      http://www.vortexgenerator.net

      Thanks for writing CCI.

      The contents of this message and any attachments were checked by Norton AV
      before being sent, using an AV list not more than 24 hours old.
    • Jones Lyle A. (DNREC)
      Message 2 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004

        We are working on the event  and should have things decided by this weekend. Lyle

        From:                 delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        To:                   delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com
        Send reply to:        delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com

        > Message: 1
        >    Date: Tue, 30 Nov 2004 16:16:38 -0500
        >    From: "Jones Lyle A. \(DNREC\)" <lyjones@...>
        > Subject: Mirror Making event
        >
        > Since I have heard from no one except Terry Young about the mirror
        > making event, I  should assume that the mirror making event is off for
        > this year and I should cancel I reservation at the St. Jones Reserve.
        > Lyle

        For more information, please visit our web site:

        http://www.vortexgenerator.net

        Thanks for writing CCI.

        The contents of this message and any attachments were checked by Norton AV
        before being sent, using an AV list not more than 24 hours old.

      • planet587
        Message 3 of 3 , Dec 2, 2004
          I, too, have been looking forward to attending, and actually pushing
          some glass this year.
          Last year I attended my first seminar as an "observer".
          I "enjoyed" keeping Art company as he slaved away over a hot
          soldering iron, channeling the lap for his 15".
          I picked up a lot of good tips from all the experienced people there.
          (And the food was good too!)
          I got the impression though, that the request for "responses" was in
          regards to someone to run the event as opposed to attendees. True?
          I hope you all (y'all for those of you below the Mason-Dixon line)
          can pull it together!
          Thanks,
          Jim Roth
          (Lehigh Valley Amateur Astronomical Soc.;www.lvaas.org)