Re: [delmarvastargazers] Sonotube

  • John Flynn
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
      Hi, Don. Angersteins is real close by.  I'm plan to put a pier in the back yard and want the sonotube for forming that. Once I have that, then all I will need are some clear skies.  Thanks for the help.

      John
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004

        John...a 12" concrete pier!  you must have a more than a Tasco to install on a 12" pier.

        Good Luck,

        Don...

      • rodbo1967
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 24, 2004
          --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "John Flynn"
          <jflynniv@c...> wrote:
          > Would appreciate someone telling me where I can get Sonotube in
          12"
          > diameter in the Wilmington area.
          >
          > Thanks

          Good evening,
          Any good commercial supply dealer will stock Sonotubes up to 42".
          The company to conact is Sononco.

          http://www.sonoco.com/topnav/products+and+services/industrial+packagi
          ng/engineered+carriers/building+products+na.htm

          I just built an 8" F/6. The thing I found that works best is a
          coating of epoxy resin to give the tube rigidity.

          Good luck,
          Rodney
        • John Flynn
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 25, 2004
            Thanks for the information, Rodney.  I'm going to use the sonotube as a form for a pier in the backyard.  Surles gave me the name of a supplier near me.

            John