Re: [delmarvastargazers] Sonotube

  • John Flynn
    Message 1 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
      Hi, Don. Angersteins is real close by.  I'm plan to put a pier in the back yard and want the sonotube for forming that. Once I have that, then all I will need are some clear skies.  Thanks for the help.

      John
      Message 2 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004
        John,

        Some Home Depot's don't have the full inventory of their largest
        stores. I haven't looked at this for a telescope, but bought some for
        making a "cupped" bed on top of a cat perch. I just went to my
        basement and what I bought was a 12" diameter piece of Sakrete brand
        pour tube. It may not be exactly the same as Sonotube. I don't know
        much at all about telescope making.

        Good luck.

        Sam

        --
        Sam Walters
        Baltimore, MD

        All incoming and outgoing email scanned by
        automatically updated copy of Norton AntiVirus.
        Message 3 of 9 , Aug 9, 2004

          John...a 12" concrete pier!  you must have a more than a Tasco to install on a 12" pier.

          Good Luck,

          Don...

        • rodbo1967
          Message 4 of 9 , Aug 24, 2004
            --- In delmarvastargazers@yahoogroups.com, "John Flynn"
            <jflynniv@c...> wrote:
            > Would appreciate someone telling me where I can get Sonotube in
            12"
            > diameter in the Wilmington area.
            >
            > Thanks

            Good evening,
            Any good commercial supply dealer will stock Sonotubes up to 42".
            The company to conact is Sononco.

            http://www.sonoco.com/topnav/products+and+services/industrial+packagi
            ng/engineered+carriers/building+products+na.htm

            I just built an 8" F/6. The thing I found that works best is a
            coating of epoxy resin to give the tube rigidity.

            Good luck,
            Rodney
          • John Flynn
            Message 5 of 9 , Aug 25, 2004
              Thanks for the information, Rodney.  I'm going to use the sonotube as a form for a pier in the backyard.  Surles gave me the name of a supplier near me.

              John