tonight's meeting

    Message 1 of 3 , Aug 7, 2001
      the church has a vacation bible school in progress this week - our meeting
      place is overrun with kids!

      therefore, we will postpone the meeting for 1 week - see you august 14 at
      7:00 PM.

      don...
    • JFlynn
      Message 2 of 3 , Aug 7, 2001
        That's great-at least for me & Barb.  We'll be there next Tuesday.

        John
        Message 3 of 3 , Feb 3, 2010
          Tonight we had the smallest group of Star Gazers attend our meeting since we began in early 1993.

          So, there are some key learnings that need to be passed on.

          1) we should not reschedule meetings unless absolutely necessary...with the weather forecast we had yesterday at noon I decided it would be better for all our members to be at home vs on roads that were supposed to be covered with snow and sleet last night.  BTW, we did have about 3" in of new snow when I awoke this morning

          2) Wednesday night is not a good night for Delmarva Star Gazers...ie, you guys are busy on Wednesday night

          3) we need to do our best to make the March meeting Standing Room Only - please put March 2 on your calendar now.

          What did you miss?

          1) Jerry Truitt had a great presentation on telescopes and observatories that are available via the Internet.  There is one observatory in Australia I would like to pursue....doing astronomy from noon to 3PM and viewing from a dark site in the Southern Hemisphere...as a group...with refreshments...are you interested?

          2) Mirror Making #10 is shaping up very well...stay tuned

          3) Delmarva Star Gaze #16 is rapidly approaching...I need a volunteer for registration...let me know if you are available to help

          4) Solar Scope - we will pursue the purchase of a visual solar scope for the upcoming solar cycle

          5) presentation on Canis Major - now is the time to try to split Sirius

          6) electronic means for paying registration fees???