Hot trailers

  • ccivortex@blast.net
    Message 1 of 1 , Aug 3 9:49 AM
      This has little to do with radiated energy. It has to do with darker colors absorbing
      more heat. SIlver is darker than white. Uncoated metals, are darker than white.

      Maybe I didn't make myself clear: if you go to a parking lot and touch a Silver car
      and then touch a white car you'll appreciate how wrong it is to suggest that silver
      is cooler.

      I am NOT asking anyone to believe me. I offered you a means by which to
      demonstrate it to yourself empirically and you ignored it.

      Why?

      > If your trailer roof is 'silver' (AKA bare metal) -
      > DON'T paint it white. The roof is left as bare metal
      > because the 'silver' metal reflects more energy than a
      > white roof (which reflects more energy than a blue,
      > red or black roof). The roof is essentially
      > 'maximized' for reflectance.
      >
      > Pj

      For more information, please visit our web site:

      http://www.computer-certainty.com

      Thanks for writing CCI.