Re: [delmarvastargazers] Venus transit and Jupiter from 6/7/04

  • Eric
    Message 1 of 3 , Jun 9 2:04 PM
      Thanks, Steve.  That has a lot to do with the nature of the webcam, frame rate and my stacking method.  Since almost all of the frames from the transit were good ones, I could stack in a row without having to weed through them.  At 10 fps, the exposure time was about 1/15 second.  If I stack 50 frames, that corresponds to about 5 seconds of movement but since I am aligning and stacking with each individual frame at 1/15 sec, there is no blur.  I am unsure yet how many more frames I could stack in a row, but I don't think I'd want to go much beyond 100 as blur might start rearing its ugly head.

      Eric

      >Great image!  Question: Since Venus and >the
      Sun were moving relative